Stuck shed

Hi so today I noticed some shed on my female veiled chameleon’s nostril. She has had some stuck shed on her casque for a while now. I have increased misting to try to help her get it off. It is only on the one nostril. Picture attached.

• Type, sex, age: female veiled chameleon, about months old and has been with me since august
  • Handling: 3 times a week for about 5-10 minutes or more if I’m cleaning her cage on that day
  • Food: Dubia roaches - around 4 and a superworm. Occasionally a horn worm
  • Supplements: reptivite and repti calcium no d3 by zoo med. calcium every feeding and the vitamin every two weeks
  • Watering: Monsoon automatic misting system set for every 4 hours and for 1 minute each mist cycle. I rarely see her drink but her urate is light yellow / white
  • Fecal Description - Tested negative for parasites. Feces is dark brown and is solid but not dry.
  • History - vet said she was healthy with no signs of MBD last time we were there (around a month ago)
  • Cage Info:
  • Cage Type: Screen 2x2x4
  • Lighting - Zoo med reptisun 10 uvb And daylight bulb 60w. 7:30-7:30
  • Temperature:
  • Cage floor: 70
  • Basking spot: 78 (lower than normal because she is receptive)
  • Overnight: 64-68
  • Humidity 40% - 50% most of the day. 70-80% at night. A humidity gauge.
  • Plants -Golden pothos, bromeliad, Swiss cheese plant, money tree
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In my room. Nope, nope, nope. 6ft
  • Location -North Texas

• (she hates my phone which is why she looks so mad in the picture but she got a superworm for her cooperation 🤪)

Attachments

• 3AD76C45-3F08-4370-986B-A7652EAE813D.jpeg
    3AD76C45-3F08-4370-986B-A7652EAE813D.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 282
Ill be honest, its pretty easy to remove. I just get some tweezers and rub long the snout, either towards or away from the eye. The tweezer will catch the edge of the shed, and then the rest of the "tube" will come out. The "tube" is what is holding the nose ring on.

Or just not worry about it, even with both nose holes completely clogged, the cham would have no problem breathing through its mouth, they are not plumbed like us. The tube will curl up and its the job of the cham to rub it away just like i described with with the tweezers.

Here is some beardy action using the tweezers as tweezers, but gives you an idea of what you are pulling out.

소금입니다. 카멜레온은 땀을 흘리지 않기 때문에 코를 통해 소금을 방출합니다. 물이 묻은 면봉으로 청소할 수 있습니다.

Back
Top Bottom