Stuck shed

Extensionofgreen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Has anyone experienced bits of shed that remained for weeks, even months and shows no sign of coming off? I’ve tried showers, extra misting, gently removing some with forceps ( it’s like cement, though it does lift off of the scales, there’s just no free edge to access it from), and recently, l rubbed coconut oil on the area, with a soft toothbrush, hoping to help lift it off and soften it, but it’s still there and the chameleon is none to pleased with my efforts on his behalf.
Anyone have any secret tricks?

Seems to be a hot topic lately. My guy had some skin left on his feet once that lasted a week or a little longer. It didn't seem to bother him so I let it be. It finally shed and hasn't done it the last two sheds. Sorry I can't help.

my baby chameleon has it on is foot and hasn't been using it. I've also done showering,misting,ex... but there something called zilla shed ease thats $6 and its gotten most of it off but he still isn't using it

In my experience spots that struggle to shed are where the skin got damaged in the past. I got a sickly rescue once that was in the process of shedding and ended up with a spot like that, that did not want to shed well. The skin underneith looked a little different like it might have gotten hurt there in the past and as if it was a scar! All I did was focus on hydrating it and then feed it prime foods with perfect gutloading and the best researched suplimentation schedule I could find. It took two sheds to get that spot cleared up. After the second shed it never had that problem again. I feel that about 40% of any problem we see with our chameleons has to do with nutrition, 40% to do with hydration, (with our new lighting options) 15% lighting and the rest parasites, bacteria, viruses, yeasts and molds. You are a incredible keeper! Give it a little time, it will be fine!

Back
Top Bottom