Strategies for feeding?

Well then paying fifty cents EACH should seal the deal for roaches.
I know it sounds stupid, but our little guy is just that...little! and I was having to buy silks far too often to keep them a good size and shipping was costing as much or more than the worms!

Your little guy's size kind of puts the kibosh on the 'starve them until they eat' ploy.

If I put 6 dubias in Ol' Mr. GrumpyPants' feeder cup, he'll eat 1 or 2.
If I put 6 dubias and 6 giant mealworms in together, he'll eat all of the worms and most of the dubias.

Have you tried feeding him redhorse's pizza?

Your little guy's size kind of puts the kibosh on the 'starve them until they eat' ploy.

If I put 6 dubias and 6 giant mealworms in together, he'll eat all of the worms and most of the dubias.

What's that? I will search for it! In the meantime, he found the new location of his shooting gallery and has eaten quite a few crickets from there. Hoping he keeps moving in this direction!

Little off topic, but my oldest boy Ares ALWAYS tries to come out of the cage when I feed him. Its like an 80% of the time situation 😂 . Makes feeding kind of interesting because I normally have a chameleon lunging at me ! Lol . Do yours or anyone else's seem to ALWAYS wanna come out and hang? Don't know if it's a alpha male type of thing or what haha

Little off topic, but my oldest boy Ares ALWAYS tries to come out of the cage when I feed him. Its like an 80% of the time situation 😂 . Makes feeding kind of interesting because I normally have a chameleon lunging at me ! Lol . Do yours or anyone else's seem to ALWAYS wanna come out and hang? Don't know if it's a alpha male type of thing or what haha
My panther does this all the time! Last week I was sitting on the floor in his room and he wedged himself at the very bottom of his enclosure to try and reach me. Even gave himself a small abrasion on his head! It’s bizarre. He doesn’t know he’s not supposed to like me.

My panther does this all the time! Last week I was sitting on the floor in his room and he wedged himself at the very bottom of his enclosure to try and reach me. Even gave himself a small abrasion on his head! It’s bizarre. He doesn’t know he’s not supposed to like me.
OMG mine is like a maniac when he sees me ! Wants to almost immediately come out but then I see people on here say theirs wants nothing to do with them 😂😂. He'll literally kinda pet at the door with his hands trying to get out and to me -___-

Absolutely. His feeder cup is close to his basking area, and sometimes he just likes sitting on top of it, so I have to shag him off/relocate him to place or remove the cup.
That part is my bad; I should find another place for it.

Regardless, he does often charge my arm or make a break for the open door.

1637249615434.png

I am the master of my fate​

I am the captain of my soul.​

—Invictus, William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)​

I think mine still knows. There's almost always a gape or two involved, but it's never stopped him from continuing up my arm.

Back
Top Bottom