strange colour

robert2703

So my chameleon is strangly green and brown at the same time, is it normal?

Attachments

• 26754429_1576385222446762_2003299128_n.jpg
    26754429_1576385222446762_2003299128_n.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled chameleon, male, probably 3-4 months. It have been taking care for 3 weeks.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Everyday i take him out of the cage. 1-2 times
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Im feeding him mealworms, the problem is that my enclosure is too big for him and the crickets get on top of the cage and he cant catch them but im getting a new enclosure this monday, he is eating pretty poorly usually 2-3 worms a day and a cricket every two days, im trying all the the time to give him food but he usually ignores it, they are gut- feeded with carrots.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? im using a calcium stone and a multivitamin i dont really dust them tho every second time i feed them.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i water the enclosure 4-5 times a day
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? seems good
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. i dont really know

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? wooden enclosure with glass door
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 10.0 exoterra and a light bulp
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? good
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? pretty bad, im getting a new enclosure pretty soon
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? nope
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? in
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Estonia

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. My chameleon is strangly coloured.

i will post new pics soon

You're cham looks dehydrated. Meal worms should not be used they have little nutritional value to them. Use super worms, crickets, or wax worms. Those are the easiest to get at any pet store. You will want to dust them with calcium before every feeding and 1 to 2 times a month with D3. You can put them in a sandwich bag with a pinch of calcium and shake it. Also use a feeding glass feeding dish that's hanging (attached photo of what I'm talking about) that will help tremendously to keep track of how much he's eating. Pictures of your enclosure would be very helpful. You need live plants that w Iill help with gradient temperatures and humidity. Best way to check temps is with an inferred hand temp gun, super cheap at Lowe's or Home dept. You can buy a humidity gauge at any pet store.

Attachments

• 20180106_114208_083_01.jpg
    20180106_114208_083_01.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 77
  • he is eating pretty poorly usually 2-3 worms a day and a cricket every two days iim trying all the the time to give him food but he usually ignores it, they are gut- feeded with carrots....you need to gutload with more than just carrots. I use dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, etc and a small amount of apples, pears, melon, berries, etc. He should of course be eating more at that age and if we knew things like the temperature, etc that we had asked you we might be able to figure out why he's not.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? im usinga calcium stone and a multivitamin i dont really dust them tho every second time i feed them....what's a calcium stone?? What do you mean you don't really dust them? What brands????? What type of calcium powder???? phosphorous-free?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i water the enclosure 4-5 times a day how do you water it??? Use a mister??? Spray by hand???? Use a dripper????
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? seems good note colors and consistency is what you were asked!!!! Parasite testing done????
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. i dont really know

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? wooden enclosure with glass door so no ventilation at all anywhere??? No screen lid/top???
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 10.0 exoterra and a light bulp so the exoterra is UVB? Is the light bulb producing white light?? Are the lights all off at night?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? good...range?????? Lowest overnight???????? Basking????? Appropriate temperatures aid in digestion....this plays a part in hunger...
Sorry but without good answers we have trouble helping!

Back
Top Bottom