Stopped shedding?

LukeTheLizard

Avid Member
So my Cham randomly stopped shedding about halfway through and I don’t know why. I’m not sure if she has MBD or not but she has no other signs of it and she has been getting calcium without d3 and calcium with d3( on the 1st and 15th every month) she has a linear t5 light, she laid eggs perfectly 2-3 months ago, no broken bones, no falling, has been climbing, eating, and drinking perfectly, so I don’t know what it is. Any ideas?(btw she hates the camera so it was pretty hard to get these photos🤣)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 70
What about her multivitamin? Could you fill out the ask for help form in as much detail as possible (including clear pics of her, her full cage- lights to bottom, and her lights), please?

So my Cham randomly stopped shedding about halfway through and I don’t know why. I’m not sure if she has MBD or not but she has no other signs of it and she has been getting calcium without d3 and calcium with d3( on the 1st and 15th every month) she has a linear t5 light, she laid eggs perfectly 2-3 months ago, no broken bones, no falling, has been climbing, eating, and drinking perfectly, so I don’t know what it is. Any ideas?(btw she hates the camera so it was pretty hard to get these photos🤣)
How old is she? They will not have a full body shed as they get older. They will tend to shed in patches.

So sorry I forgot to write about the multi vitamin, but I do multi vitamin the same day I do calcium with d3.

she is a little over a year old(they grow up so fast!😭🤣) and I didn’t know when they are older they just shed in patches?!

here are some pics of the lights and the cage
(I’m trying to get rid of the fake plants and get more real ones)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 57
I think her light is too close to her basking branch. She can get thermal burns and that’s not good so either move it up, move the branch down or both. Also why two? Can you fill this out?

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful

Hello! So I believe that you cannot give two different supplements in one day.... But this schedule is easier.
1) Calcium without d3 every day (except multivitiman days)
2) Multivitamin with d3 (reptitive) twice a month
Or alternate days once a week for the calcium with D3 and the multivitamin without D3

So sorry I forgot to write about the multi vitamin, but I do multi vitamin the same day I do calcium with d3.

she is a little over a year old(they grow up so fast!😭🤣) and I didn’t know when they are older they just shed in patches?!

here are some pics of the lights and the cage
(I’m trying to get rid of the fake plants and get more real ones)
Does she have a proper and permanent lay bin? All fake plants, fake vines with leaves on them (fake vines without leaves are fine- except for Exo Terra’s), and fake leaf bunches, etc. need to be removed ASAP! Veileds can only have live plants, vines, and branches in their enclosures, because they try to take a bite out of anything, which can lead to impaction with fake plants.

Does she have a proper and permanent lay bin? All fake plants, fake vines with leaves on them (fake vines without leaves are fine- except for Exo Terra’s), and fake leaf bunches, etc. need to be removed ASAP! Veileds can only have live plants, vines, and branches in their enclosures, because they try to take a bite out of anything, which can lead to impaction with fake plants.
I heard the flukers vines with leaves are okay?I took mine out because my cham started eating from her pothos plant but left one at the bottom. She never had any teeth marks on the fake leaves only on the real pothos which were close together. I don’t know if she can tell the difference though but better safe then sorry. Right now she hissed at the poor wall for no reason 😂

Any sort of fake plant really isn't recommended because the risk is still there.... But what you can do is since it is easy for chameleons to feel vulnerable, is to hang the fake plants on the outside of the enclosure for protection. That is what I did with my fake plants.

I heard the flukers vines with leaves are okay?I took mine out because my cham started eating from her pothos plant but left one at the bottom. She never had any teeth marks on the fake leaves only on the real pothos which were close together. I don’t know if she can tell the difference though but better safe then sorry. Right now she hissed at the poor wall for no reason 😂
Fake vines without leaves are notorious for falling apart. Zoo Med is the most recommended brand. The more live vines (or dead real ones), the better. Exo Terra’s have debris that can get trapped in a chameleon’s eye if they rub the vine while shedding/itching their eye/face, which could cause health issues. You also have to be careful to make sure your chameleon doesn’t want to eat the vines, if he/she does, take out all fake ones and only use real ones

Any sort of fake plant really isn't recommended because the risk is still there.... But what you can do is since it is easy for chameleons to feel vulnerable, is to hang the fake plants on the outside of the enclosure for protection. That is what I did with my fake plants.
I have a bunch of vines since when I purchased them I received too many and couldn’t return them because of covid so I plan on making a new free range with vines, real sticks, real plants, and maybe wrapping the sticks with vines since she won’t be able to eat anything while I’m watching. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom