Still worried

Slyfox

Okay I've had rocky 3 days now and the only time he goes green is when he is asleep so I'm posting some pics below in case I'm doing something wrong:

Here are pics of my setup

Front view
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326393345.632236.jpg

Top view
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326393476.932811.jpg

Side view
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326393547.246144.jpg

Pic of rocky on Yuka plant while I clean his terrarium
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326393709.864782.jpg

First time I have taken him out, sorry I can't really get a closer pic as he always seems very stressed and I dont want to stress him anymore than needed.

Pic of rocky back in terrarium..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326393938.333185.jpg

He only has to see me move and he seems to take head for cover.

My temps at the moment is 79.5f
My humidity is in green and showing 60 I have my thermostat set to 88 if it goes above it will turn the light off but it has never reached that level.

I have seen him eat and caught him drinking from a leaf lastnight after misting.

His lights are on a timer.. They come on at 7am and go off at 8pm

I mist him 3 times a day once in the morning at 7.15am once when I get back from work at 4-5 pm and once 10 mins before his lights go off.

I've notice that when I mist him he takes cover, so I'm sure he doesnt being misted direct or is this normal?Should I mist around him?

He will not take crix, locust, or wax worms from my hand.

However I do not mind this as I want him to hunt which I've seen him do, but should I continue trying to get him to take from me too?

I only use natural spring water also.

Does everything sound and look fine?

Sorry but I'm just really worried, my last pet was an iguana who unfortunately died after a loving 15 years but this is my first chameleon.

Any advice on anything wrong here would be really appreciated.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.456546,-2.073021

Ok, im assuming that the tube light i see is your uvb bulb correct?
if som you should probably house that in somethin gso the rays only go down.
Second- i would raise his basking temp, that might be why hes a darker color.
on top of being stressed.
i would also raise that bin of crickets im assuming is to feed him to a higher spot. they dont normally go to the ground to eat.

It looks alright to me. I would like to add that my cham didn't stay green for quite some time when I got him(I made a thread about it at the time). They're stressed, scared and confused. If he's still brown mostly 2 weeks from now, then you have a problem.

What are the basking temperatures?

Welcome to chameleon parenting. Your little guy is fine. The green is his resting colors, when he's dark it's usually a basking color to absorb heat.. It's gonna take awhile before he stops being skittish when he she's you. Some of my chams love water sprayed on them and others don't it's a common thing.

As long as he's eating and pooping with urine(white part of poop), then he's doing fine.

Yes the light is UVB.. And the crix and locust hop up towards the light so the get round the tank..

That mentioned above is pretty much his basking temp the thing that measures the temp is probably two inches lower than where he basks..

Should I put tinfoil over the UVB light to shoot all the rays down?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.456571,-2.072960

Yes the light is UVB.. And the crix and locust hop up towards the light so the get round the tank..

That mentioned above is pretty much his basking temp the thing that measures the temp is probably two inches lower than where he basks..

That would work or you can buy a fixture that will only point the light down.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.456571,-2.072960

Well i would raise his basking temp. being that dark could just be that hes cold.
try getting the temps to 83 and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom