Still Trying to figure out if this is a male or a female

TroubleSome976

so can you figure out if this is a male or a female???all help will be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• 2013-05-01_06-42-12_HDR-1.jpg
    2013-05-01_06-42-12_HDR-1.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 2013_5_24_12_23_5.jpg
    2013_5_24_12_23_5.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20130419_082421.jpg
    IMG_20130419_082421.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 199
i guess it's still too soon to tell from what i see of its genital area i imagine i have a female but im still being hopeful... i have a clutch that's near hatching but i'd like to hope this purple body blue bar will be a male... does any1 think it may be a male?

So i took these pics today and i saw that my baby is getting quite a bit larger, and showing quite a bit more color than the other baby that my friend also purchased from the same clutch... would a female show these colors?? it is supposed to be a purple bodied blue bar... Just look at these pics!!!

Attachments

• Purpureus showing allot of purple 2013-05-05_.jpg
    Purpureus showing allot of purple 2013-05-05_.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Purpureus all blue on  june 5th 2013.jpg
    Purpureus all blue on june 5th 2013.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 259
Okay, thanx Ataraxia.... and you say that based on the kentvent method or how did you come to that conclution??? i'm just curious....

This isn't my photo, I actually used this to illustrate this to another member with a photo of the panther they wanted sexed but I think it'll help. I would do it with one of your photos but they're not as obvious as this one. The pink is what we're seeing in your girl (especially that third photo in the first post) and the blue is what we'd see on a subtle male (other males are more obvious, even at a very tiny age).

sexing.jpg

Thank you so much Olympia, that completely confirms my observations. I was still a Lil confused by all of the colors,even though I knew they too can be misleading... Now i gotta get at the dude who sold it to me at the price of a male... Makes me feel naive... Live and learn... Won't happen again that's fasho... Thank again for your wisdom

You're welcome. The girls can be misleading, everyone who doesn't know them expects them to be a solid brown or tan and they're always surprised when their girls show patterns, blue cheeks, red throats, pinks, etc. That's why we never go off of color, unless you obviously have a red and blue 6 month old male, of course lol.

Definitely shoot the breeder a message. Reputable people are willing to fix these types of problems, since even the pros commit errors now and then.

thank you again Olympia, I began noticing the signs soon after I purchased the chameleon....and it is a beautiful creature.... Now that I've learned these things I'll be much more concerned with examining more than the health of the animal I'm potentially purchasing .... Just makes me feel naive....live and learn....

Back
Top Bottom