Still not eating

Rango220

Hey guys, right I've just recently brought a new screen cage 2x2x4, I also brought a box of hoppers, box of meal worms and a box of brown crickets, but my veiled Cham is still not eating properly, he is eating bits like a couple of little hoppers a day but nothing else, he is drinking and he is currently shedding, help please because I'm getting worried and am getting annoyed at the fact I am spending so much money on stuff that's going to waste.. :(

So you have him in a 2 x 2 x 4?!? And he isn't eating because of shedding maybe. My friends Cham didn't eat for 2 weeks. If he is atleasst eating then he's fine. Take some pics of him and the enclosure. And what are the temps? Humidity? What kind of UVB? Basking bulb?

Yeah why? And I though I was cause of the shedding and the temp is 45 farinite humidty is 50/60 and the basking bulb is a 100 watt bulb the UVB bulb is a Exo terra 5.0 compact bulb and ill upload some pics then now

Here's him and his enclousre

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 134
Yeah why? And I though I was cause of the shedding and the temp is 45 farinite humidty is 50/60 and the basking bulb is a 100 watt bulb the UVB bulb is a Exo terra 5.0 compact bulb and ill upload some pics then now

Do you really mean 45f if so he is freezing. If its 45c that's far too hot.you want to aim for upper 80s f or around 30c:)

Either you made a typo with 45 degrees fahrenheit or you are one of two things: Way TOO cold or way TOO hot as 45 degrees F in celsius is 113 degrees. Now taking that into consideration, the only thing I can see wrong is maybe your asking branch is way too far down and he is not warming up enough. What is your temp exactly where he sits to bask?

ok. You said he is eating here and there and he is drinking??? I would not worry about it. They go through periods where they don't eat as much, whether it is food boredom or whatever. I have a 10 month old panther and he has never been a great eater, even as a baby. He picks and chooses and ignores his food sometimes.

Either you made a typo with 45 degrees fahrenheit or you are one of two things: Way TOO cold or way TOO hot as 45 degrees F in celsius is 113 degrees. Now taking that into consideration, the only thing I can see wrong is maybe your asking branch is way too far down and he is not warming up enough. What is your temp exactly where he sits to bask?

Yeah sorry I meant 85 Fahrenheit, that is the temp where he basks

ok. You said he is eating here and there and he is drinking??? I would not worry about it. They go through periods where they don't eat as much, whether it is food boredom or whatever. I have a 10 month old panther and he has never been a great eater, even as a baby. He picks and chooses and ignores his food sometimes.

Okay thank you, he has been ignoring food for about 3 weeks now I was starting to worry

Okay thank you, he has been ignoring food for about 3 weeks now I was starting to worry

Well you said he is eating here and there like a few hoppers??? If he was not eating altogether for three weeks then maybe I would have a fecal done and have him tested for parasites just to be on the safe side.

I've just caught him eating a cricket from his cup, such a relief as he hasn't ate crickets in weeks!

He looks rather healthy, he is shedding and looks like he just got a new man castle also? Could be just settling in and shedding. Prob fixed the problem now he is just getting adjusted!

I've just caught him eating a cricket from his cup, such a relief as he hasn't ate crickets in weeks!

How long have you had? He might just not want to eat in front of you. I had thw same thing happan with my jackson. he had me going nuts

Back
Top Bottom