Still not drinking or eating

Ahab

Current Problem
Atlas stops eating and drinking after his last shed. During and after the shed, he wouldn't eat any crickets and Dubia, so I threw in 30+ blue bottle flies. He didn't seem interested but I did notice a gradual disappearing of the flies. But still, he ISN'T INTERESTED IN ANY KIND OF FEEDER AT ALL (I tried Hornworm, black soldier fly larvae and superworms).
Moreover, his urate is orange now, even though I tried everything to hydrate him. Shower freaks him out and he ended up running in the bath tub turning to extremely pale color and climbing screens resulting in a broken nail :(
I tried dripping water on his nose with a syringe, but water droplets rolled down immediately, and when he starts slightly open and close his mouth, no water left around.
I took him to the vet last Friday, she said he is a bit too skinny and dehydrated. His fecal also shows a small amount of pinworms and flag elated, so they gave him oral dose of panacur and a shot for hydration.
But it's been two days and the problem remains. He still won't drink or eat, and his urate is still orange! Please help! Thanks.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther Chameleon, Male, roughly 6 months old, in my care for two months
  • Handling - once every week when I take it to sun bathing, or when he decides to come out
  • Feeding - my staples used to be mainly gutloaded (greens, carrots, apple and oatmeal) large crickets and medium Dubia. BUT IT REFUSE TO EAT ANY OF THESE NOW.
  • Supplements - Rep-cal Calsium without D3 daily; rep-cal multivitamin once every 7-10 days
  • Watering - At least two times warm water mist with hand pumped sprayer for 5+ minutes; Auto misting system set for 3 minutes every 2 hours when the lights are on, 5 minutes at noon, 8 times in total a day. 2 dripper on branches for a couple hours a day.
  • Fecal Description - Feces: brown with a slight odor; urate: yellow, orange color sometimes with rusty color. Tested 12/16/2016
  • History - from a reliable breeder

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage 18*18*36
  • Lighting - Reptisun T8 10.0 UVB; 75 watt heat lamp
  • Temperature - 75-90F; Lowest overnight temp 65-70. Measured IR thermometer
  • Humidity - Ambient humidity >50%, cage humidity maintained mainly by live plants and auto misting system.
  • Plants - Live plants are used. Bromeliad and pathos.
  • Placement - Cage in my bedroom, about 2 meter from the heating vent on the ceiling. Generally quiet.
  • Location - Northen California

If his urates are yellowish u need to mist more and possibly even give him some more live plants and humidity to help facilitate drinking. Also the 10.0 UvB is more light then you really want or need for your sized enclosure the 5.0 will cost less and provide adequate UVB. If I were you I would look for a couple of Shefflera or Pothos plants you have a really nice setup of branches and things though that is very well done. What temp is the basking area and then is there an area in the enclosure where he can get away from the UVB and heat?

It seems like you are doing alot to help him stay hydrated but if his urates are yellow you need to do even more.

Back
Top Bottom