Still no tounge action

Scooter

Butter still hasn't used his tounge to zap anything. I'm still hand feeding him silkies - by picking him up, which pisses him off, he opens his mouth, and I pop a wormie half way in his mouth, which he eats.

How long should I keep this up ?

His tounge isn't hanging out or anything, his mouth looks clean, usual pinkish color.

What do you think ?

i know this is an old post. but my fischers does the same thing. he doesnt shoot his tounge, although he did when i first got him. he eats food by catching them with his mouth and it takes so long to eat and pull the food in. what was the remedy for you in this problem? pm me, please and thank you

From looking at the pictures on another thread, he's improved a lot since you got him...so good work!

Not using his tongue could be from an injury, an infection, dehydration, lack of proper nutrients, etc. Aside from the infection (which would need to be treated) the other things should improve with time and increased proper husbandry I would think.

If it still continues you can always take it to a vet to see if they can figure out why its happening.

Back
Top Bottom