Still need eye help

Augustine

I have been trying everything to get Ricky Bobby's eye back to health but can't seem to get it right
I have been to the vet I give him eye drops twice a day and started him on some reptivite
He doesn't seem to improve much and the vet is kinda unsure himself
So once again I turn to the experts (yes you)
He keeps his eye closed except to hunt and when he seems to be exploring
Recently I have come home about 4:30 or so and found him with both eyes closed but isn't in a full sleep? Happened like 3 times in the past five days
He still rubs his eye on branches and its looking almost raw to me but that could be because of the eye shedding
I'm attaching pics of both eyes and I hope one of u have seen this and can tell me to stop panicking and how to fix it
Thanks guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 129
Hi, Have you tried Cod liver oil yet?
How much d3 is in his diet?
How are his urates?
Does he do "eye maintainance" with this eye frequently?

Does your reptivite have d3?

i had the same problem vet gave mee drops to put in 4 times a day i misted him alot and it took about a week before you started opening his eye. also he slept alot and i had to make him get up but after about 2 weeks hes doing great eating more them ever and getting around just fine. How long has it been since you started with the eye drops? how long has his eye been doing this? hows his eating?

also what kind of drops did they give you? this is what his eye looked like before he got better

Attachments

• tracys chams 005.jpg
    tracys chams 005.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 123
Do you ever supplement with vit. A? I had the same problem with my first panther. Apparently Panthers are vit. A deficient sometimes and it causes eye problems. Go to a health food store and get vit.a oil capsules. Poke a hole in it and place a very very small dot on ONE feeder. Do this twice a week for two weeks, then cut back to once a month. I wish I still had the links I had provided to me about the issue. This solved my problems and I believe a few other members. I believe one was hoj.

Hope this helps

Do you ever supplement with vit. A? I had the same problem with my first panther. Apparently Panthers are vit. A deficient sometimes and it causes eye problems. Go to a health food store and get vit.a oil capsules. Poke a hole in it and place a very very small dot on ONE feeder. Do this twice a week for two weeks, then cut back to once a month. I wish I still had the links I had provided to me about the issue. This solved my problems and I believe a few other members. I believe one was hoj.

Hope this helps

i also gave more vit too

Hi, Have you tried Cod liver oil yet?
How much d3 is in his diet?
How are his urates?
Does he do "eye maintainance" with this eye frequently?

Does your reptivite have d3?

I give him d3 twice a month and he has 2 UVB lights in his house
I'm gunna try the cod liver oil
His urates use to be a little orange but not that I'm on top of him they r really white and bigger ten usual
And he rolls his eye quite often

Back
Top Bottom