Still closing eye

I'm going to officially freak out now. He has been eating and drinking great, just checked on him and his opposite eye was closed. I couldn't tell if he was sleeping. Dont know if they typically sleep during the day but this doesnt seem right.

Will an expert (someone who has lots of experience and has had to do this) please clearly explain how to dose and treat for the vitamin. A.

Only A vitamin at my cvs... is this the correct one

Attachments

• 20181024_141552.jpg
    20181024_141552.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20181024_141538.jpg
    20181024_141538.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20181023_100431.jpg
    20181023_100431.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 70
I am not the person to answer all your questions but maybe I can help you get something going until the right person does come along. See the multivitamins below with Vitamin A.

This may not help you all that much, but it’s something...View attachment 216339
If you use Miner-all, don’t forget to gutload with Vit-all! Repashy also has a straight Vitamin A supplement powder

Keep in mind this is a one time dose and should not be used as a supplement, although i do know afew keepers who do this practice once a month for healthy eyes and they also say it improves the skin of the chameleon. But i did it 1 time strictly for medicinal purposes

Keep in mind this is a one time dose and should not be used as a supplement, although i do know afew keepers who do this practice once a month for healthy eyes and they also say it improves the skin of the chameleon. But i did it 1 time strictly for medicinal purposes
I dust in Vitamin A every 3 weeks, per the vet’s instructions. I was doing it once a month, but was recommended to up it by my vet (don’t do so unless a vet or someone equally as knowledgeable tells you to)

I dust in Vitamin A every 3 weeks, per the vet’s instructions. I was doing it once a month, but was recommended to up it by my vet (don’t do so unless a vet or someone equally as knowledgeable tells you to)
Ya different kind of vitamin A if i remember correctly most reptile vit a dusts are 2 or 3 million IU per LB, while the liquid gels are 10,000 IU per tiny capsule. If it was measured per lb it would alot more then 2 or 3 million. So its a more concentrated dose and also a different kind of vitamin A.

Ya different kind of vitamin A if i remember correctly most reptile vit a dusts are 2 or 3 million IU per LB, while the liquid gels are 10,000 IU per tiny capsule. If it was measured per lb it would alot more then 2 or 3 million. So its a more concentrated dose and also a different kind of vitamin A.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Can you break down the different types, like preform?

Can you break down the different types, like preform?
Im not an expert but i did do quite abit of research on Vit A when i was having similar issues, But yes the reptile Vit A is preformed which eventually turns into Retinol (retynol ) While the liquid gels are already in retynol (retynol Palmitate ) form. I believe reptile Vit A such as repashy are made from algae and more of a plant based material while the gels are usually fish oil or soy bean oil. Both are fat soluble.

Back
Top Bottom