Sticks for cage

Hi, was wondering where I could buy sticks for my chameleon cage so my chameleon can climb. I don't have a chameleon yet but I'm going to repti-con this weekend to buy one. I know I could find some outside, but it must be 18in & it's too much to worry about.

Hi and welcome! 🙂 I get all of my sticks/branches from outside. If you do the same, just avoid sappy or aromatic trees like pine. I give a little scrub with soapy water and rinse the heck out of them. I leave the bark on and even whatever lichen that doesn’t come off with a scrub. Dry in the sun and they’re ready to use. If you don’t have the time or want to be bothered by collecting branches, Etsy is perhaps the only place that I really know that sells sticks.

Hi, was wondering where I could buy sticks for my chameleon cage so my chameleon can climb. I don't have a chameleon yet but I'm going to repti-con this weekend to buy one. I know I could find some outside, but it must be 18in & it's too much to worry about.
Hello and welcome ! Congrats on your future chameleon you are getting soon :) . They are amazing animals to say the least. So branches or "sticks" are best gathered outside but with that being said it can be kinda difficult to find the exact size . I personally ended up buying a reciprocating hand saw so I can cut whatever I want outside when I find it and then trim down for my cage.

I will 2nd what @MissSkittles said about Etsy. Found Etsy couple months ago when I was buying supplies for my new Satanic Leaf Tail Geckos and it really helped ! If you don't have the time or tools to cut your own wood you can definitely find some nice branches on there. They have alot of cool things on there that's worth browsing 🙂

How big of a cage? Some of mine are 3 foot long to 20 inches long. A lot of different diameters to give a workout. IMG_20220517_121415_hdr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom