Stick Thief!!

NikkiA

Avid Member
I live in Michigan, it's very cloudy during the winter. We finally have a sunny day, so I decided to sun some sticks for an enclosure. When I looked outside my back door what did I see? A stick thief! A big, furry English Mastiff was chewing on one of my sticks. And he had another three around him on the ground.

The sticks were elevated on a flat surface on the side of our house , but he brought four into our backyard. I guess my mistake was that they were elevated to his eye level and I didn't put them outside of our fence. He's too cute to be mad at though.

Attachments

• 20210203_142424.jpg
    20210203_142424.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210203_142303.jpg
    20210203_142303.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 83
I live in Michigan, it's very cloudy during the winter. We finally have a sunny day, so I decided to sun some sticks for an enclosure. When I looked outside my back door what did I see? A stick thief! A big, furry English Mastiff was chewing on one of my sticks. And he had another three around him on the ground.

The sticks were elevated on a flat surface on the side of our house , but he brought four into our backyard. I guess my mistake was that they were elevated to his eye level and I didn't put them outside of our fence. He's too cute to be mad at though.
Definitely too cute! 🥰

Thank you! My husband and I have always owned giant breeds. Hemi, our mastiff, is the sweetest dog we have owned.
Ah... so you knew better! :LOL:

We learned early on that we have to remove anything from coffee tables, etc. (tail-height) lest they be batted across the room. We've almost always got bruises on one leg or another. (He's happy. :rolleyes: )

Ah... so you knew better! :LOL:

We learned early on that we have to remove anything from coffee tables, etc. (tail-height) lest they be batted across the room. We've almost always got bruises on one leg or another. (He's happy. :rolleyes: )

Yes, I definitely know better! Lol!

Our previous mastiff was a counter surfer. If we left any food out unattended (or attended with our back turned) it was his.

When my husband and I first got married, I picked up pizza on the way home from grocery shopping. My husband set the pizza on top of the oven and then came outside to help me unload the groceries. He walked in several minutes before I did, but when I walked in it was to some words that may get me banned for typing on this forum. 🤣 Our mastiff had eaten the entire large pizza and then proceeded to shut the top of the box. My husband was going to grab a slice when he discovered what had happened. He was beyond disappointed that he got to eat a microwave meal because it was too late to cook and the dog stole our dinner.

That dog was such a character, he's one of the animals that has forever left his footprints on my heart.

And you are so right about tails. My kids got plants that they planted in pretty ceramic pots, with one swipe of her tail our Newfoundland broke all of their pots.

Attachments

• 20191111_094624.jpg
    20191111_094624.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 88
Our old lab took anything and everything off of our kitchen counter, outdoor bar, and all tables, along with breaking stuff from swishing her tail on all coffee tables and anything else low! She also got the Thanksgiving turkey one year, along with a fresh smoked brisket my dad had made another time, and more... 🤣

Last edited:
Our old lab took anything and everything off of our kitchen counter, outdoor bar, and all tables, along with breaking stuff from swishing her tail on all coffee tables and anything else low! She also got the Thanksgiving turkey one year, along with a fresh smoked brisket my dad had made another time, and more... 🤣

Wow, that's a dog with skills to get a Thanksgiving turkey. I'm sure that Thanksgiving will always be memorable!

My husband smokes brisket, I'm not sure if your dad views it like my husband does, but it's an art to cook the perfect brisket. I bet your dad wasn't a happy about that.

Wow, that's a dog with skills to get a Thanksgiving turkey. I'm sure that Thanksgiving will always be memorable!

My husband smokes brisket, I'm not sure if your dad views it like my husband does, but it's an art to cook the perfect brisket. I bet your dad wasn't a happy about that.
He views it precisely like that! He didn’t recover for almost a month! 🤣

So cute!!! 🥰🥰

Back
Top Bottom