Stick Bugs at Night

laurie

Retired Moderator
Some Stick Bugs at Night!
9245166524_2dae2b5033.jpg

Heyyyy, Laurie! You know my birthday is coming up and........
No I'm just kidding, you look like you have a full house. They look great!

Thanks all. After trying several times, it looks like I finally have a colony I can keep going. I still have no idea why I love stick bugs.:)

Are you going to feed those to your chams or just like to watch them?......Steve would never let me feed those to Picasso, he loves walking sticks as pets.

I'm jealous. I've yet to see a stick bug!

I guess they don't like californians :rolleyes:

I only get lucky with Mantids. Maybe this weekend I'll try and hunt some sticks down haha

Thanks all. After trying several times, it looks like I finally have a colony I can keep going. I still have no idea why I love stick bugs.:)

cuz they are CUTE and sticky :p those look wonderful - did you ever find the 4 that hitched a ride out of the cage and were hanging out on the fridge? I think it would be cute to have them running lose - lol ( but this from a woman who let 100 mantis run wild in the house- do not leave your mantis door open ;) LOL )

I'm jealous. I've yet to see a stick bug!

I guess they don't like californians :rolleyes:

I only get lucky with Mantids. Maybe this weekend I'll try and hunt some sticks down haha

Best to look for them at night! I have some in the hills by where I live that get about 18" long. But it's also mountain lion :eek: country, so I've never gone looking at night. Don't want to go out hunting, and become the hunted.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 84
Best to look for them at night! I have some in the hills by where I live that get about 18" long. But it's also mountain lion :eek: country, so I've never gone looking at night. Don't want to go out hunting, and become the hunted.

I will assume that big boy is for your parsons. He could eat my chams.:eek:

cuz they are CUTE and sticky :p those look wonderful - did you ever find the 4 that hitched a ride out of the cage and were hanging out on the fridge? I think it would be cute to have them running lose - lol ( but this from a woman who let 100 mantis run wild in the house- do not leave your mantis door open ;) LOL )

Yes all 4 are accounted for. That is also why I hatch mine outside the cage, I need to know how many are in there. I know people laugh when I count my sticks when I clean them, but I am not going to have a lose stick bug!!

We need to get a group of us that have a reliable source for sticks and keep in touch. I can never seem to time my babies with my adults...I always seem to have all of one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom