staying up high

So i built a cage and put a ficus benjamina in there, its like a little tree and my jackson seems to love it, he is always climbing around the top and i never see him climbimg down low, i have caught him hanging from the top screen, every so often and when i see this i get him down...so my question is that , is this normal behavier???

oh and i also had to put a little plastic dish thing up high so i could put food in there...i have yet to see him eat out of it....i usualy throw a couple meal works in it and put a few crickets...what are your strategies on getting feeders up high so the cham will eat them??, I think im going to try flightless flies..they might be good since they will climb on the screen and wont fall to the bottom of the enclosure

heres a pic of the cage...

well i have a standard cage so they climb up...i suppose you can lean some type of ladder so to speak from the bottom up to the start of the screen so the crickets can climb up

Hey Jackson,

Are you talking about flightless houseflies? I only know of one company that has offered them in the US, and the last time I looked, they didn't have any. If so, I would really like to know where you are getting them from. Or, are you talking about fruit flies?

Heika

Heika said:
Hey Jackson,

Are you talking about flightless houseflies? I only know of one company that has offered them in the US, and the last time I looked, they didn't have any. If so, I would really like to know where you are getting them from. Or, are you talking about fruit flies?

Heika

Im not 100% sure which is which, i went to my home reptile store and asked for fruit flies and she said dont you mean flightless flies...i will find out and let you know......

Fruit flies would be much to small for your chameleon. If you get ahold of some flightless house flies however, let us know as I'm sure a few members would be interested.

Back
Top Bottom