Staying near bottom of cage

She likes staying higher up of course but recently has stayed on the "stem" of her ficus. now shes in a corner. i know she isnt scared bexause she is fairly green were having issues getting her water but i showered her yesterday. Your Chameleon - Female jacksons about 4-6 months old, has been with us for about 3 months
Handling - Faltering
Feeding - Crix gutloaded, with cal twice a week d3 multivite once a month
Supplements - repti calcium and flukers
Watering - dripper and misting
Fecal Description - Havent found any poops for a while because of heavy foliage
History - Is shedding eyes mouth and body, pet store cham good conditions.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - screen 4 feet tall by 2 feet wide
Lighting - Uvb reptisun 5.0 all day off at night 75 watt basking light all day off night and
Temperature - 80-85 basking 70 lowest area of cage i have 2 dial thermometers
Humidity - 60-80 hygrometer probe
Plants - Live pothos(3-4) spider(2)3 silk fake leaves 1 big hibiscus- she seems afraid of it
Placement - Bedroom low traffic other pets in the room but cham cant see them they cant see her-cage just standing on floor, highest point 4 feet
Location - north eastern wisconsin

Current Problem - Stays at bottom of the cage

bottom

I have had an adult male Nosy Be that usually sleeps at the bottom, in a planter, and has done so since I have received him. He goes down there periodically during the day, as well. He is fine. I think he just likes cooler temperatures. Was your female doing this all along, or is this something new? Does she seem healthy? keep an eye on her.

Jacksons becoming lethargic like that is never a good sign. Maybe recheck your temps. A 75w bulb may be way to high for her. 80°f. Make sure she is getting that good night temperature drop. I would double check everything, get some photos, and pm the user mike fisher. He will be able to tell you if it is time to panic and run to the vet. It doesn't sound good though. I am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom