Starting to panic

Benclark

There are a few things that I am noticing, and I am most likely stressing over nothing. I have a male veiled just under a year old who is now displaying more vibrant colors than before. he used to go from dark olive to light green, but he has been bright more frequently recently. He is otherwise acting normal, moving about, eyes are rotating and are not sunken, everything is normal but his colors and I don't know if he is drinking at all. I switched him from a fountain to a mister that mist twice a day for two minutes and a dripper that drips for a few hours a day. From what I have seen his urate is for the most part white with the occasional small yellow/whiteish spot. He is shedding and has been for the past two days so that might have something t do with it. I attached a picture which he wasn't too happy about hense the spots which are usually not there.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 76
looks like a slightly under weight male that at some point had a cask burn. And hes got the "im pissed" spots. Other than that looks healthy.

looks like a slightly under weight male that at some point had a cask burn. And hes got the "im pissed" spots. Other than that looks healthy.
thank you that is good to hear. I'm hoping to see him drink soon. The burn he most likely came with I was looking at pictures of when I first got him and he did have the dark spots.

Veiled’s are secretive drinkers, my oldest I haven’t seen lick a leave since he was 2 months old. He’s almost 2 yrs old. My other two boys 8 months, I haven’t seen them drink for months. I keep track of their urates for hydration. If you are still concerned you can feed him a couple hornworms a week, they are basically bags of water.

Back
Top Bottom