[Start] Complete DIY setup

I have a 1 and a half year old female veiled named Carolina and a 6 month old male Ambilobe named Moog. I have them setup in some pretty nice enclosures right now but eventually as Moog shoots up to adulthood I'll need to upgrade the size of his enclosure. I don't mind spending a few hundred bucks to buy the pre-made products to upgrade enclosures but I figured if I go ahead and build it myself from the ground up, (Enclosure, misting system, and enclosure accessories) it would feel a lot more personalized. I'm going to keep it updated on here and I wont mind any suggestions on the build along the way!

Interested to see how much money you save. From what I have priced out, building my own enclosures (screen or acrylic), I end up spending more money than premade. Then again, I’m a perfectionist and have a wife that will not allow anything that wouldn’t add beauty to the room. Some of the converted cabinet builds look interesting, I’ve never priced those out.

I love diy, I've found it to be a fun part of the hobby :) do you plan on building the frame from scratch or converting an old armoire/curio cabinet etc??

I love diy, I've found it to be a fun part of the hobby :) do you plan on building the frame from scratch or converting an old armoire/curio cabinet etc??
I’ve seen a lot of the cabinet builds and I don’t think I’m going to repurpose one but I’ll probably end up making my own from scratch. So I can customize storage for the misting settup and drainage.

Sounds like you have quite the big plans! I've never done an indoor enclosure from scratch, so I can't contribute tips. Hope to see the pictures once you have it up though!

Back
Top Bottom