Stand for panther cages and others

We built our own stands to cater to the sizes of the cages. We built one for our smaller cages (18x18x36) and one for our larger cages (your size). The one in the picture is the one we built for the smaller cages.

SAM_0882.jpg

Does someone sell a stand? Or would it fit on a 23x23 ok? I dunno how much the avg cage, plantings, etc... weighs.

If you get a 23x23 stand, the cage will hang over it.. and personally, that would make me nervous. We didn't really look to see if anyone made a stand. It was much cheaper to make our own, to be honest with you. You can check stores like Ikea, Best Buy, or someplace like that who sells entertainment units maybe? Or check where you got your cage from, maybe they have one or can steer you in the right direction?

I feel like almost everyone on here makes their own stands. They may not be as furniture looking as ours is, but look through some of the enclosure pictures people post in the enclosure section. I'm sure people would be willing to tell you exactly how they built them!

I have a small intertainment stand.. I'll try and get a picture up for you. It has the top tier which is maybe 2 feet off the ground, then two outer stands that are 6 inches lower, then another middle 6 inches below, and two on the outside again 6 inches down. I cutt a 2 inch hole in the middle of the top level and cutt a small hole in the middle of my cage bottom places that over the 2 inch hole. Then put my tub in the second middle one and it drains great. Plus the 4 other stands are good for suppliment, pump ect. holders.

I would check a furnature store, or a kmart or wallmart that sells cheap furnature. An end table would probably fit most cages. The cages are so light even the flimsiest of stands would work. I guess an aquarium stand would work but probably cost much more. Grarage sale would probably net you one for 10 bucks but i hate those things.

The aquarium stands won't work. They are not wide enough from front to back. When you think about an aquarium, the depth of them is usually about a foot. At least that is what we found when that was our original idea.

Plastic shelving from Lowe's. Mine is preforated so it allows for water drainage to the shelf below. I will post pics when I get home to a real computer. If you look up my previous post, you might get an idea of my setup.

Plastic shelving from Lowe's. Mine is preforated so it allows for water drainage to the shelf below. I will post pics when I get home to a real computer. If you look up my previous post, you might get an idea of my setup.

I actually went and picked one of those up right after i posted what i WAS doing. I like this set up much better.

Got it from walmart. its a 5 tier but i only used three. 28 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom