Stacking two 16x16x30 enclosures for Jackson chameleon?

I’ve had my Jackson chameleon about 2 weeks now and I’m learning so much! He has a 16x16x30 enclosure and I was thinking about stacking another one of the same size to get a 16x16x60 custom enclosure. What do you think? Photo of current setup attached.

Attachments

• 57ED835A-5B34-4DCA-BD9C-4949C8343E67.jpeg
    57ED835A-5B34-4DCA-BD9C-4949C8343E67.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 50
Would you say they rather have the horizontal room vs vertical overall? I was hoping to save a few bucks because if I get a wider enclosure I will need to also purchase new lighting and a stand.
They for sure require both, but in my experience chameleon tends to use horizontal room more than vertical. The vertical part is for them to adjust themselves to the environment such as getting away from heat or basking, or run from predators (aka us).

They for sure require both, but in my experience chameleon tends to use horizontal room more than vertical. The vertical part is for them to adjust themselves to the environment such as getting away from heat or basking, or run from predators (aka us).
I agree with this. One advantage is you have more space on top for lights etc. with a wider cage.

The unfortunate thing is the only thing most of them use the bottom third of the cage for is to go to a low branch to poop.

With a wider enclosure do I need a wider uvb lamp? I currently have a 14 inch uvb lamp on the 16 inch enclosure
My answer to that is yes, but if you are short on money I would suggest find a spot where he bask and put the UVB lamp near that spot since that will mimic the sun in the wild for them, and once you have enough money to upgrade, I suggest you upgrade right away.

Back
Top Bottom