Squirt Update

Kris Chams

Chameleon Enthusiast
The vet just called me and said that he can see that the right side of his jaw is swollen and some fluid came out when he pressed on it. He is going to do bloodwork, but said that he doesn't feel that Squirt needs the xrays right now. He will call me as soon as he gets the bloodwork results back. He also said that Squirt is riding around on one of the vet techs shoulders, so he's having fun I hope ? ? ? ? ? ?

Squirt was such a good boy on the way to the vet this morning.

Attachments

• Squirt 10.27.1.jpg
    Squirt 10.27.1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 65
  • Squirt 10.27.2.jpg
    Squirt 10.27.2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Squirt 10.27.jpg
    Squirt 10.27.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 66
The vet called and said that he doesn't show any sign of infection. Squirt must have fallen and bumped his chin and the vet is going to prescribe a low dose of pain meds for him to take for 5 days. Thank God he is okay and nothing serious is wrong. He will have bloodwork results back tomorrow and will call me with the results. I will pick up my sweet little Squirt after work today ? ? ? ? ? ?

did they put him on antibiotics in case of infection? What did they say about the edema?
He said no infection...he did a cytology test and it was clear and said he doesn't show any signs of edema. The bloodwork will be back tomorrow and will let me know the results. He said that he didn't feel the need for antibiotics at this time, just the pain meds. If he doesn't get better in a week, I will take him back.

Strange. My vet always did xrays first thing before bloodwork or anything else. X-ray would have showed possible injury from a fall.

Strange. My vet always did xrays first thing before bloodwork or anything else. X-ray would have showed possible injury from a fall.
That's what I thought too....and I told him that I know that Squirt fell, but the vet said that he did a thorough exam and didn't feel anything broken. This vet is supposed to be one of the best in the area. If Squirt doesn't get better I will take him to a different vet for a 2nd opinion.

That's what I thought too....and I told him that I know that Squirt fell, but the vet said that he did a thorough exam and didn't feel anything broken. This vet is supposed to be one of the best in the area. If Squirt doesn't get better I will take him to a different vet for a 2nd opinion.

He sounds like a good vet. If he can not isolate a severe break there is no need for X-Ray because the treatment would be the same.

Kris, did you see Squirt fall? I’m thinking xrays might have show other problems such as the two we discussed before.
I didn't see him fall, but he was in my closet when I got home from work on the 19th. I will call him back and get him to do a set of xrays really quick.

Back
Top Bottom