Sponge for cricket hydration?

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm going on vacation next week for the first time having Poseidon so I'm trying to figure out how my cousin can take care of him in the easiest way possible for her. My question is if I can put a sponge in with my crickets for their hydration. Usually I will lay down wet paper towels every other day but that takes a while to move crickets and everything so I'm hoping my cousing can just replace food and wet the sponge when needed, will this work? Thank you guys.

What food are you normally feeding them?
For next week I was planning on mostly baby carrots because they are easy to throw in there and they love them. But that's only from sunday to Thursday, Thursday being the day I come home and start feeding them other stuff like greens, cucumber etc. again.

I'm not even sure what those are tbh 😂 I leave sunday so I don't think I have time to order anything. Do pet stores have those?
They’re the water gel thing. You can get the premade gel at a pet store (usually Fluker’s Cricket Quencher-it’ll work but it’s not the best). At a hardware store, you can get the dehydrated crystals in the gardening section, as well, just make sure they’re clean with nothing else added. I order mine from feeder sites. The carrots will be fine

They’re the water gel thing. You can get the premade gel at a pet store (usually Fluker’s Cricket Quencher-it’ll work but it’s not the best). At a hardware store, you can get the dehydrated crystals in the gardening section, as well, just make sure they’re clean with nothing else added. I order mine from feeder sites. The carrots will be fine
Do you think they will stay hydrated enough with just the carrots?

Back
Top Bottom