Spodoptera frugiperda (Army Worms)

Capsicums&Reptiles

Established Member
I was wondering if army worms raised on the right gutload would be suitable to feed to a Chameleon.

I live out in BFE Indiana and since there's no shortage of these in my garden every year,I figured I could make use of them.

images.jpeg

If on the right gutload probably, but many types of caterpillar are picky with their food and will only each that specific food and, in many cases the plants are poisonous and that poison sticks with them their whole lives. We have lots of these in my area and i've never gotten them to eat anything i gave them.

did a quick google search and they apparently eat low lying grasses and some crops like cabbage and lettuce (which aren't great gutloads)

did a quick google search and they apparently eat low lying grasses and some crops like cabbage and lettuce (which aren't great gutloads)

I figured as much. Being out in the middle of nowhere,pesticides aren't an issue,but there's really no way to tell what they've been munching on.

Thank you for the information,though.

My Chams are fed an almost exclusively wildcaught diet every summer, no problems. We call them cabbage loopers in Louisiana, and yes I do feed them often.

This approach can present problems and I do not recommend it to anyone.

... and James, Andee is the ous designated Bug goddess, not whisperer! Get it together and show some proper respect! lol

Back
Top Bottom