Spiny Chameleon Needs New Home

philipjames11

Hi! So I got a spiny chameleon from a breeder at an expo around 7 days ago and I've realized that I can't appropriately take care of him. The enclosure, lighting, and misting systems I have aren't good enough and the breeder I bought him from mislead me into thinking it would be easier to care for than it actually is. He is a male and a little longer than a foot. I haven't been able to get him to eat yet, but he's drinking consistently. I also have not testing him for parasites. I just want to give him away to someone that can take care of him better than I can. He's a really friendly cham, but he's a little shy so it might take a little while for him to get warmed up to you. The picture attached was taken yesterday evening. Hopefully someone might be able to help me out! I'm in New York if anyone might know someone nearby. None of the reptile stores around here are willing to take him.

I have to say how much respect I have for you at this moment. It's a rare thing on this for for a keeper to swallow their pride and do what's best for the animal.
I feel bad this happened and I think you absolutely can be successful with a chamelon, you just need to get more familiar with them and start with a CBB animal. Maybe now is not your time, with your school commitments, but you have done a great thing for this chameleon.

I congratulate you on your humility. I know a lot of people who, even though they can't properly take care of an animal, they keep it anyway until they can. It's heartbreaking to lose a little guy like that, but he's going to be safe and happy.

This so sad. But I agree with the others here. It takes a bigger person to admit he is in over his head and throw the towel in. I hope he gets to a good home.

Shame on that seller who misled you.

Thank you for all the support guys! I'm glad you all approve, I hope I'll be able to hear from that rescue soon. Hopefully my little guy stays healthy enough till then. Thanks again for your support!

I wish I could step in and take him but I am much too far away. I've kept verrucosus and really enjoyed them. For anyone who isn't familiar with them, their care is very very close to panthers'.

Best of luck homing your cham!! Even though I hate seeing animals upset, I don't know if I would be brave enough to say I wasn't capable of caring for a pet (I hope I could), you really are a great person and don't feel bad, you're doing the right thing.

Hello everyone. As of yet no one has responded back to me from any rescues I've contacted. That being said, my cham still needs a new home. If anyone knows someone who'd take him please reach out.

ooooo you do have pics? how old is he hmmm i wonder if i could put together a free range for him or would he need to be caged due to ho much misting they need? can some experts chim in on this please :)

This was him approximately a week ago. Unfortunately he has deteriorated a bit since then :c I can send another updated pic once I'm back home. He really needs a new home asap.

Attachments

• 20170218_201136.jpg
    20170218_201136.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 144
  • 20170218_201136.jpg
    20170218_201136.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 152
This was him approximately a week ago. Unfortunately he has deteriorated a bit since then :c I can send another updated pic once I'm back home. He really needs a new home asap.
Ooo big boy I am interested in helping you out if I can get some good advice on a nice free range and info on them

Back
Top Bottom