Spinosus Hatchlings

chamelisa

I had a nice surprise this past weekend with my first spinosus hatchling. :)

hatchling1_022209a_000.jpg

I was overly excited so most of my photos were pretty bad. Kevin Z. (Summoner12) came by to deliver bugs so he took this photo of the hatchling then showed me how to set the camera.

For size comparison the leaves in the photo are of baby tears.

Last edited:
THose guys are awesome!! Congrats. CH or CB. The picture by the FF is funny! Thats about the size of my little tavs. It only takes them about 5 heidi and they are full!!

I'm sorry to chime in so late on this Elisa, but congratulations! Beautiful little babies. I'm happy for you!

congrats...
exelent species:cool: do you have an idea of the locality of your spinosus... Derema or Usambara?

Thank you. I'm sorry but I don't have any idea. Please share your thoughts about the different localities. I am interested in any information you can share.

They are very nice!
And looking very good.

Can you please share incubationtemperature and how you did it.

Best regards

I'll update with photos soon. Just kind of busy right now with work. This is the article by Thomas Hildenhagen that helped me. You have probably read it already though. I tried following the same temps as in the article but the temps were between 62 and 67. Sometimes it went as high as 70 but not usually.
I really don't have new information for you except that it took only 100+ days to hatch at these temps.

Eggs are stored in air tight delicups with slightly damp vermiculite. I always use vermiculite.

Back
Top Bottom