Spider in my cricket box

mil0

hey I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this spider I found in my cricket box. Basically, how dangerous/venomous is it or how i should get rid of it or anything else.
IMG_6671.JPG IMG_6670.JPG

I don't know what type of spider it is but I used to get them all the time when I ordered crickets from Flukers. I switched to a supplier from ebay, 1000 for $23, including shipping and no more spiders. I just squished them because I didn't know if they were safe for them to eat or for me to release outside.

That is a wolf spider. ( I like spiders:ROFLMAO:). The bite is poisonous, but it isn't lethal I would just put it on the floor and catch it with a cup and let it outside.

Almost looks like a brown recluse...if it is it is HIGHLY aggressive and is *VERY* poisonous!! While brown recluses can look similar to wolf spiders, wolves tend to have thicker legs and can be slightly on the fuzzy side. Do NOT let your chameleon eat the spider. Brown recluse's bite alone can kill a human... wouldn't want to know what eating it would do to your chameleon

Almost looks like a brown recluse...if it is it is HIGHLY aggressive and is *VERY* poisonous!! While brown recluses can look similar to wolf spiders, wolves tend to have thicker legs and can be slightly on the fuzzy side. Do NOT let your chameleon eat the spider. Brown recluse's bite alone can kill a human... wouldn't want to know what eating it would do to your chameleon

Yeah I was also thinking brown recluse, but it wasn't responding to you taking the picture so it could be a brown recluse, but I would never let my chameleon eat it I would give it to my bearded dragons though if it was 100% a wolf spider.

i know i was worried that it might be a recluse, i live in california so its probably impossible that it is one but im definitely not going to feed it to my chameleon i was just worried about if i try to get it out and it bites me

It looks like a brown recluse (smooth rather than fuzzy, and similar body shape) I vote SMOOSH IT VERY CAREFULLY or catch and release somewhere far... far away... brown recluse spiders are MOST poisonous! Please be careful!

It looks like a brown recluse (smooth rather than fuzzy, and similar body shape) I vote SMOOSH IT VERY CAREFULLY or catch and release somewhere far... far away... brown recluse spiders are MOST poisonous! Please be careful!
i dont think it is a recluse because it has a patterned abdomen and sorta stripey legs, also the body is a little bit different shaped and i live in CA, so im just going to squish it

I think that is a hobo spider, which has a similar bite to a recluse. It has the cheveron markings and they also look like wolf's/recluse. Smash always when in doubt smash it lol.

If I may ask how did he get in? I am worried about that for my house we have black widows in the winter :(.

We also have forest taruntalas, wolf's, and sometimes recluses, mostly widows and trantulas though.

I think that is a hobo spider, which has a similar bite to a recluse. It has the cheveron markings and they also look like wolf's/recluse. Smash always when in doubt smash it lol.

If I may ask how did he get in? I am worried about that for my house we have black widows in the winter :(.

We also have forest taruntalas, wolf's, and sometimes recluses, mostly widows and trantulas though.
He was in when i got my crickets, i guess he was in with them at the store

Actually, recluses are more common in California than people think.

When I lived in Burbank, my two hairless rats were killed by a recluse. About a day later the egg Sac in my wall furnace hatched, effectively rendering my apartment infested.

Also, my cousin here in town (I live in the Fresno area) was bitten by a brown recluse while doing some electrical work I'm his basement.

And during my tenure as an ER nurse, we had 13 suspected brown recluse bites in three years.

Not staggering numbers, but they're here.

Back
Top Bottom