Sperm Plug?

lillouie

Hello

Noticed this next to some urate. is it a sperm plug? What is the reason for it being “released”?
4C93D239-2E93-476E-A56E-D421B08FC7C1.jpeg

Check out the Poop 101 thread that is posted at the top of the list in "Health Clinic". It has very detailed info AND pictures of the sperm plugs that have been "pooped" out, often found lying next to the droppings.

Hard to tell if that’s a sperm plug, but it may be. It’s a normal process for them to come out and wouldn’t be so good if it didn’t. Sometimes the boys will rub their vents on a branch to help it come out and sometimes it comes out along with their poo and urate. My understanding of them is that it’s basically just the shed skin from the hemipenes and not actually sperm.

Hard to tell if that’s a sperm plug, but it may be. It’s a normal process for them to come out and wouldn’t be so good if it didn’t. Sometimes the boys will rub their vents on a branch to help it come out and sometimes it comes out along with their poo and urate. My understanding of them is that it’s basically just the shed skin from the hemipenes and not actually sperm.
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn’t finding the best information on it. glad to know it’s normal and okay.

Back
Top Bottom