Southwest Florida wild chameleons

yo A rd and B rd in labelle got chameleons. Also if you're willing to drive a couple hours you can go to the "robert is here" fruit stand in homestead. Ft myers has a decent population too. Theres a spot in Krome Ave, but i dont know the specifics. Sarasota seems to have a pantherchameleon spot, but i dont know exactly where either. Careful when dealing with private spots cuz u could get shot. I suggest asking for permission from the land owners.

Thanks for that buddy. I’ll find a forum that’s helpful instead of a bunch of people telling me I’m gonna hurt chameleons when I just want to observe them up close?
From when do people observe with hands? Please tell me so I can understand. I don't want to argue with you because I see you are close minded and that's fine by me, but what is the difference from taking pics and observing them by "eyes" from close or touching them and then letting them go. I think they look cooler on branches than in your hand, don't you think? Chameleons are extremely fragile animals and they are beautiful and people here are chameleon enthusiasts, which means they love animals and chameleons especially, you should understand this is not a good place for you to ask where to catch them like fishes. Anyways wish you luck, I was bored so I tried to explain it to you. Its up to you know, I don't know what are you going to get from touching them. You can try hand feeding them, I think that's a better and cooler idea!

From when do people observe with hands? Please tell me so I can understand. I don't want to argue with you because I see you are close minded and that's fine by me, but what is the difference from taking pics and observing them by "eyes" from close or touching them and then letting them go. I think they look cooler on branches than in your hand, don't you think? Chameleons are extremely fragile animals and they are beautiful and people here are chameleon enthusiasts, which means they love animals and chameleons especially, you should understand this is not a good place for you to ask where to catch them like fishes. Anyways wish you luck, I was bored so I tried to explain it to you. Its up to you know, I don't know what are you going to get from touching them. You can try hand feeding them, I think that's a better and cooler idea!
If

Hey everyone. I’ve been seeing people on Facebook catching chameleons in Florida and I read online that there were some in sw Florida too. Anyone know or any spots I can search? Me and my brother really wanna go find some we catch iguanas sometimes but the chameleons look way cooler.
I live close to the area and it is mostly all private property in that area
you would have to know an individual that lives there to go searching.
my chameleon a veiled caught from that area and rescued from someone that was not taking good care of it.
this colony was started from a breeders habitat being destroyed in a hurricane several years ago.
please please do not go hunting them. the human growth rate of that community will soon enough drive the colony out of existence.

Attachments

• 04-15-2021 1023.jpg
    04-15-2021 1023.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 176
yo A rd and B rd in labelle got chameleons. Also if you're willing to drive a couple hours you can go to the "robert is here" fruit stand in homestead. Ft myers has a decent population too. Theres a spot in Krome Ave, but i dont know the specifics. Sarasota seems to have a pantherchameleon spot, but i dont know exactly where either. Careful when dealing with private spots cuz u could get shot. I suggest asking for permission from the land owners.
Hey bro I’m in fort myers … you mind messaging me exact spots or areas where I can find them … I’d really appreciate it … I checked homestead didn’t see any in 2 days

Hey everyone. I’ve been seeing people on Facebook catching chameleons in Florida and I read online that there were some in sw Florida too. Anyone know or any spots I can search? Me and my brother really wanna go find some we catch iguanas sometimes but the chameleons look way cooler.
Hey any luck with spots?? I’m in fort myers did you find any ??

To see how the thread went from ridiculing this guy for looking for wild chameleons to liking wild caught chameleons is amazing me as i read this. 😅
I know but in LaBelle they're considered evasive and some people are going out of their way to kill them for no reason. The one my daughter caught was crossing a busy road.

I know but in LaBelle they're considered evasive and some people are going out of their way to kill them for no reason. The one my daughter caught was crossing a busy road.
they are considered invasive and are killed when fish and game get them in florida. Its a super old thread. Just was entertaining seeing how it flipped.

A road and b road look to be private property. Any help?

Back
Top Bottom