Southern Cal Vet Recommendations?

opheliaeatsbugs

Avid Member
I have made an appt. with both of these places, but wanted to know if any of you have experience with either?

I'll cancel one....

Greek & Associates in Yorba Linda

Long Beach Animal Hospital (I'd see a Dr. Wood)

exam costs are the same $65 but LB xrays are $50 more. Not that this info is terribly important, but if they are both good - I'd like to spend the difference on lights :)

I like Dr Greek but sometimes it's hard to get in to see him, he's not always there. I have been going to Westminster Vet Group lately. So far so good. They seem knowledgeable and willing to listen. I have an appt with the main Vet Friday so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I like Dr Greek but sometimes it's hard to get in to see him, he's not always there. I have been going to Westminster Vet Group lately. So far so good. They seem knowledgeable and willing to listen. I have an appt with the main Vet Friday so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Post your experience, it's good to have options :)

Are you going because you're stressing over her laying?

Kinda? It has been 6 months since I brought her home (time flies!) and I'd like to get a fecal (if I can get her to poop), an overall check up, start a relationship with a vet, and get an xray while I'm there. I'd like to get a baseline going forward.

O hasn't gained weight. She's not getting chubbier. She is more active than usual, scratching at the cage trying to get out all the time. That kinda worries me. I want her to be happy and she seems anxious to me. She's eating, pooping. Her colors/patterns have been off the charts... much more drastic and all day long.

Kinda? It has been 6 months since I brought her home (time flies!) and I'd like to get a fecal (if I can get her to poop), an overall check up, start a relationship with a vet, and get an xray while I'm there. I'd like to get a baseline going forward.

O hasn't gained weight. She's not getting chubbier. She is more active than usual, scratching at the cage trying to get out all the time. That kinda worries me. I want her to be happy and she seems anxious to me. She's eating, pooping. Her colors/patterns have been off the charts... much more drastic and all day long.

How old is she? Sorry if I missed this. They also act that way when they are receptive.

How old is she? Sorry if I missed this. They also act that way when they are receptive.

She is 10 months, approx. I got her at 4 months. She has never shown the orange/blue colors typically associated with receptiveness. She showed her "big girl" colors/patterns on Jan 1st but I haven't seen them for months. Now, for the last 2 weeks, she has the same dark green spots contrasting with light green. It's been beautiful.

I'll admit I'm still a little fuzzy on what "receptive" means and "gravid".

Receptive is when she is sexually mature, starts showing the orange/blue colors and, as you mention, they start to get a little more active/pacing in their enclosure? Are there other signs/clues to be aware of?

Gravid means that eggs have started to form? Other than gaining weight, looking chubby in the back end, visible outlines of eggs... are there other signs/clues to be aware of?

If not mated, how long after receptive signs to being gravid?

Once gravid, how long until egg laying?

I have no idea if there is a schedule that can help predict the next phase (or if it varies greatly between females), so if there is something - please educate me. This is a fascinating mystery to me and I'm love learning about her.

I've been to three reptile vets, I'm located in the los angeles area. Dr Greek was the last one I've been to and I won't take my chameleon anywhere else. It's worth the one hour drive for me. I totally recommend him.

It takes me an hour with no traffic. I usually leave about 2 1/2 hours before my appointment. I like to plan for error and I'd rather get there super early rather than potentially be late for something as important as this. But I like to be early to everything, I'm very punctual. I hope your visit goes well. Let us know how it turns out.

Edit: in case you were wondering (because I was before my first visit) it only cost me 65 for a regular visit which is cheaper than anywhere I've been. The other times I saw him I was only charged for his medications (19$ and 29$).

It takes me an hour with no traffic. I usually leave about 2 1/2 hours before my appointment. I like to plan for error and I'd rather get there super early rather than potentially be late for something as important as this. But I like to be early to everything, I'm very punctual. I hope your visit goes well. Let us know how it turns out.

If you're on time... you're late.
I'm the same lol

I've used a number of vets over decades, you can't beat Dr. Greek. His prices are astoundingly fair, it's clear he knows reptiles just by how he handles them and talks about them, and I couldn't be more pleased. When you see him, you'll be happy you did.

Right?! My very first visit as soon as he took my cham out of my hand and saw how he handled him I knew i went to the right place.

Back
Top Bottom