Source for hoppers?

maxttu

I just came across an ad on Craigslist of a guy willing to collect hoppers from his cattle fields. He says there are hundreds of thousands of them. I don't know which species, but this is worth my while to pursue. I've contacted him and we'll see what's up.

Dude or dudette wants $5 per ounce? Sounds kinda high to me. I've asked how many $20-30 would get me.

Make sure they arent lubbers and the field is not sprayed with pesticides. You can keep them for a few days and if they dont die then they should be fine pesticide wise. They need to be housed in screen enclosures or they will die. Remember, its also illegal to transport them out of state. Not sure about in state or in counties but I would check. Would suck to get arrested for trying to get some chameleon food;)

Make sure they arent lubbers and the field is not sprayed with pesticides. You can keep them for a few days and if they dont die then they should be fine pesticide wise. They need to be housed in screen enclosures or they will die. Remember, its also illegal to transport them out of state. Not sure about in state or in counties but I would check. Would suck to get arrested for trying to get some chameleon food;)

All good points! The person is standing by their $5/ounce. Not sure if I'll be doing any biz with them. :rolleyes:

That would defiantly suck! I find it weird that they would advertise and sell wild caught grasshoppers, unless they know there are people like us around.

Here's a snippet from the ad:

"Its quite an unusual craigslist posting, but our cattle fields are overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of grasshoppers. I don't know this market at all but if you need live or dead grass hoppers, Ill be the Grasshopper Man.
I can supply you with pounds of them. If there is anyone interested I can built a device to catch them."

Here's a snippet from the ad:

"Its quite an unusual craigslist posting, but our cattle fields are overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of grasshoppers. I don't know this market at all but if you need live or dead grass hoppers, Ill be the Grasshopper Man.
I can supply you with pounds of them. If there is anyone interested I can built a device to catch them."

Sounds like he needs some start up cash to build his time machine....I mean grasshopper catching machine:D That does sound like an outrageous price for bugs.

Back
Top Bottom