sounds levels inside the room where my CHAM will be kept?

devol

I plan in setting my new chameleon in my bedroom. I don't do much in there besides sleep and meditate. When I meditate I use a singing bowl, it can put off some moderate vibrations and can get a little on the loud side if I'm playing it hard. Will the vibrations be more of an issue that sound? can chameleons hear?

I don't know if chams can hear...... But I do know they "communicate" through vibrations(someone please tell me if I'm wrong). So that could be an issue but I'm not positive. A more experienced member might know. But I just thought I would I've my input.
I plan in setting my new chameleon in my bedroom. I don't do much in there besides sleep and meditate. When I meditate I use a singing bowl, it can put off some moderate vibrations and can get a little on the loud side if I'm playing it hard. Will the vibrations be more of an issue that sound? can chameleons hear?

Chameleons will not be able to hear sounds you are able to hear,as they lack the needed "external ears and eardrum. Their skulls are thinner in a small area behind the eyes and sounds are carried through those bones and tissues. Chameleons do not hear well but can detect low frequency sounds. A large part of their brain is dedicated to the sense of sight to detriment of the other senses."

This was taken from a member awhile back (Trace, 2010),but the info is correct. While they may not be able to hear sounds, the vibrations can become an irritant to them.Which in turn may lead to stress.

Back
Top Bottom