SOS!!! sick??

Hellooo!!!! please helpp

I got "Albi" on march 2020 when she was 3 months old (supposedly)...
And yesterday she laid eggs for the first time 😲 (long time after). i had been worried for a long time since she had been digging holes on the ground (3 months ago), but never laid anything...
i made some changes like made a better diet for her and transformed her enclosure to a bigger place but this time i just placed a big box with soil so she could dig there and lay her eggs.
So the problem is... she laid her eggs outside the box 😟 in the wood sticks on the floor and then she covered them. Now i dont know if she is done because she looks weak she still doesn't want to eat she is in dark colors and she has a big stomach.
Also i do not know what should i do with the eggs... should i move them?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.03 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.40 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.27 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.20 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Oh no! She looks very upset ☹ I'm sorry your having isuues. It sounds like she was past due...possibly still holding eggs? I have little to no experience with females but I know they require a more sandy substrate for digging and burrowing, possibly why she didn't lay them there?🤷‍♂️ I wouldn't advise moving them unless an experienced keeper says so...I will tag in @MissSkittles

Oh no! She looks very upset ☹ I'm sorry your having isuues. It sounds like she was past due...possibly still holding eggs? I have little to no experience with females but I know they require a more sandy substrate for digging and burrowing, possibly why she didn't lay them there?🤷‍♂️ I wouldn't advise moving them unless an experienced keeper says so...I will tag in @MissSkittles
I don’t like that she laid eggs scattered around like that. I believed you really need to get her to a good chameleon vet ASAP.
I knowwww i am really worried something is differently wrong 😥😢😭😟

Hellooo!!!! please helpp

I got "Albi" on march 2020 when she was 3 months old (supposedly)...
And yesterday she laid eggs for the first time 😲 (long time after). i had been worried for a long time since she had been digging holes on the ground (3 months ago), but never laid anything...
i made some changes like made a better diet for her and transformed her enclosure to a bigger place but this time i just placed a big box with soil so she could dig there and lay her eggs.
So the problem is... she laid her eggs outside the box 😟 in the wood sticks on the floor and then she covered them. Now i dont know if she is done because she looks weak she still doesn't want to eat she is in dark colors and she has a big stomach.
Also i do not know what should i do with the eggs... should i move them?
My best answer is taking her to a good chameleon vet. But I’ll give a little bit of advice but like the comment above said she may be eggbound and the vet is the best option. First try removing the bark it’s unnecessary. Next what soil are you using maybe it’s the wrong one or it’s not moist enough to hold a tunnel for her to dig. I use washed play sand but you can use soil I was just told that the play sand was the best. You can use a mixture too. She looks hefty and I think she has eggs still. Can I see your enclosure it doesn’t look full, hat I mean is it doesn’t look like it has foliage but I don’t know since I can’t tell. Is it just me or does the soil look dry?

Thank you!!! first thing tomorrow ill take her to the vet!!! For the soil i made a mixture of play sand and exo terra soil which i read it was the best option and yes it is dry i did not know if i could move around her eggs... i just sprayed on top so she could drink water
ill take a good picture tomorrow of her enclosure

Thank you!!! first thing tomorrow ill take her to the vet!!! For the soil i made a mixture of play sand and exo terra soil which i read it was the best option and yes it is dry i did not know if i could move around her eggs... i just sprayed on top so she could drink water
Yeah add more water dig a tunnel with a spoon or your hand whatever, this is basically done as a test to determine whether the soil will be able to hold a tunnel and won’t fall on your female. I think maybe that’s another reason she didn’t lay. I personally use like I said play sand and a round oversized pot the container isn’t the problem though but I have heard some people say their chams refused to use the bin they originally put and when they switched it they used it but that’s not always the case.

Also I’m guessing the eggs are infertile so it doesn’t matter if they’re moved around. When she was laying were you watching or was there any disturbance near her? Cause when a cham is laying they need complete privacy or else they won’t lay. You can cover her cage as well when you see she wants to lay. What do you mean you sprayed on top so she could drink water I’m confused? And okay I’ll see the pictures tomorrow and what happened at the vet, make sure the vet is a chameleon vet.

@cruz.m So should i clean the eggs get rid of the substrate and place the soil on the ground?? (the first time i did the hole and prepared the soil but she never touched it....so then i moved it around, that is when she laid the eggs on the subtract. there where no distractions i think she had some but not sure all of them)
how can i help her? i am a bit desperate

(sorry for my english i im trying to explain the best way... i speak Spanish)

@cruz.m So should i clean the eggs get rid of the substrate and place the soil on the ground?? (the first time i did the hole and prepared the soil but she never touched it....so then i moved it around, that is when she laid the eggs on the subtract. there where no distractions i think she had some but not sure all of them)

I speak Spanish so if you want me to tell you in Spanish I can 😊

I’ll do it in Spanish to help you out. Keep in mind if I miss spell something I’m sorry. Puedes quitar el bote de ahí para acer lo mejor y tus plantas. Después quita lo que te dije, los palitos. No tienes que limpiar los huevos porque no sirven, el bote no hagas nada con el ponlo a lado. Después de eso limpia y pon tus plantas. Ahora el bote ponle agua y as lo que hiciste cuando lo pusiste primero, el túnel. Asegúrate que se pueda sostener. Si no echa huevos ve a el veterinario que se especializa en camaleones o trata de cambiar el bote a uno redondo o as dos y trata el otro y si no pon el original. :)

You can dig up the eggs and get rid of the bark substrate. I hope she didn't invest any of it.
Count the eggs and take a photo of them and post it here so we can see the eggs.

Did you let her see you while she was digging it laying the eggs?

I would use washed playsand for the lay bin and keep a laybin in her cage at all times.

A vet could do an X-ray of her to see if she retained eggs or not.
If she has some still inside her they will need to be removed surgically.

I’ll do it in Spanish to help you out. Keep in mind if I miss spell something I’m sorry. Puedes quitar el bote de ahí para acer lo mejor y tus plantas. Después quita lo que te dije, los palitos. No tienes que limpiar los huevos porque no sirven, el bote no hagas nada con el ponlo a lado. Después de eso limpia y pon tus plantas. Ahora el bote ponle agua y as lo que hiciste cuando lo pusiste primero, el túnel. Asegúrate que se pueda sostener. Si no echa huevos ve a el veterinario que se especializa en camaleones o trata de cambiar el bote a uno redondo o as dos y trata el otro y si no pon el original. :)
Gracias!!!!!!! haré eso!!! espero que todo salga bien!
Mañana les subo las fotos para que me sigan ayudando

You can dig up the eggs and get rid of the bark substrate. I hope she didn't invest any of it.
Count the eggs and take a photo of them and post it here so we can see the eggs.

Did you let her see you while she was digging it laying the eggs?

I would use washed playsand for the lay bin and keep a laybin in her cage at all times.

A vet could do an X-ray of her to see if she retained eggs or not.
If she has some still inside her they will need to be removed surgically.
Perfect! i will do that then... she did not see me while laying the eggs, i saw everything when she was asleep :(...
i will clean it and count the eggs... and prepare the laying bin again 😓

Hiiii!! Again... here is the photo of the eggs.. 37!!!
I prepared her soil again and covered her encounter... i don’t know if I should wait to take her to the vet or do it already??

Attachments

• F1A6014C-A96C-4C43-B03B-31E8B00F80BB.jpeg
    F1A6014C-A96C-4C43-B03B-31E8B00F80BB.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 76
  • B9B5060A-AC74-4DE9-92D0-8F2FE1E0C737.jpeg
    B9B5060A-AC74-4DE9-92D0-8F2FE1E0C737.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 951F6946-3A94-43C7-83F2-DED31E58C2C1.jpeg
    951F6946-3A94-43C7-83F2-DED31E58C2C1.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 67
I prepared her soil again and covered her encounter... i don’t know if I should wait to take her to the vet or do it already??
37 es una buena cantidad, ponen entre 30-100 huevos. No soy un experto en esto, pero dijiste que todavía puede tener huevos, así que dependiendo de si pone más, podría ser demasiados huevos, lo cual no es bueno. Etiquetaré a algunas personas que son dueñas de mujeres y que me ayudaron a mí. Mí mejor suposición es ve al veterinario. @AmandaS @MissSkittles

She looks like she may still have some retained. I would book a vet appt for my girl, if it were me. I not be waiting around. If you wait too long it could become very bad for her.

Back
Top Bottom