somthing wrong?

grimlin18

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - male, panther, 3months old, been in the cage for 2 weeks.

Handling - handle once a day for no more than 20 min...for now

Feeding - feeding crickets everyday 8 in the morning 8 in the afternoon, 2 butterworms every other day, and an occasional house fly.

Supplements - rep cal calcium and multivitamins, minerall outdoor. calcium dday 1 multi vit day 2 minerall day3 then repeat.

Watering - misting and ice cubes on top of screen, mist 3 times a day for one min. then 3 ice cubes on top. i see him drinking occasionally but i dont relaly observe to much cuz i always have to hurry to wokr.

Fecal Description - dlack and white nice logs, hs not been tested.

History - none

Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen cage 24L 12W 24H

Lighting - 18" reptisun 5.0 bulb, zoo med 75 watt basking bulb. lights on at 8 off at 11.

Temperature - 85 degree basking,76 coolest spot. night temp around 64. zoo med anolg for humidity and temp

spotHumidity - between 55% and 80%, mmissting 3 times a day and have vinyl shower curtains around 3 sides.

Plants - artificial plants

Placement - cage top is about 4 ft from floor

Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - my chameleon isnt eating as much as he is use to eating. i usually offfer 20 insects a day and there would be about 3 or 4 left over but now i find about 8 left over. and he sees them but doesnt bother to eat them. sometimes i'll catch him eating one though. im worried hes not eating.

I think you should curtail the handling and how big are the crickets? Ice cubes for drippers? If you get a plastic cup and make a pin hole on it will work better than cold water from an ice cube. No reason to panic, dude.

I think it's normal for them to vary the amount they eat. Also, you do have a wild card in there: house flies. Is it possible he's grabbing some you don't notice? If so, that would reduce his hunger for crickets.

Back
Top Bottom