something wrong

just a thought - I always ask for a copy of everything that was done when I have a vet visit for one of my herps. Darwin (dragon) just had really extensive (expensive) blood work and I'll be picking up a copy so I have it for reference and my own knowledge. It is also helpful if I am posting I can say the vet gave XYZ and suggested ABC. You should try your best to understand and know what they do. Maybe you can call the vet's office and just have them read the info over the phone (it's all in the computer and your file so the vet doesn't have to be there) then you can post it here. Kinyonga and others maybe be able to give some more insight.

I really feel for you and your frustration thru all of this. Things can happen fast with these guys. I lost a trio of brevis then my dear veiled. I had a 4-7 month waiting time before getting another each time. I hope your little guy pulls through, but if not it, is clear you care. If something happens give yourself time to grieve and go over your husbandry (not saying this was the case here, it's just always a good idea).

thinking of you,
lele

well I think it came to the point where I cannot do anything more for my little guy. I can't stand him laying on the bottom of his cage not being able to move or live life anymore. He will not have much of a life being hand fed and not even being able to come up with enough strengh to hang on to his vines. I am a big believer in humanly euthnizing anything that is beyond help. I have been hand feeding, watering, applying heat with waterbottles and just staying by his side as much as possible. I feel like I cannot do anymore to help my little guy. As do the vets. He was my first cham and I will miss him going cross eyed to catch a beadlet of water off the side of his cage. They are such interesting little babies to watch and to have by your side. Never realized I could become so attatched to something I never was realy able to hold and to cuddle. Anyways thanks for everyones help and I will give you all feedback on how life is going and such. Eventually I am going to want a veiled and I wil be back on here. I have decided to call my next one Irwin:) as soon as I came up with that I had a little chuckle. Talk to everyone soon.

Back
Top Bottom