Something wrong

Frostlord

Hi, I was hoping someone could give me some information as to what might be wrong with my chameleon.

The last two days I have noticed my chameleon has been hanging his head low and not acting as usual(not as active as he normally is and ignoring his food)

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong?

Welcome to the forums. Your little guy doesn't look good. Has he been checked for parasites lately? That's always a good place to start when they are ill. A check up by a reptile vet with chameleon experience it also a good idea. In the mean time please fill out the form linked below and we can see if there's something off in the way that you are keeping him that might could make him sick.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Welcome to the forums. Your little guy doesn't look good. Has he been checked for parasites lately? That's always a good place to start when they are ill. A check up by a reptile vet with chameleon experience it also a good idea. In the mean time please fill out the form linked below and we can see if there's something off in the way that you are keeping him that might could make him sick.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Thanks for the response

I'm not sure how to check for parasites, is there any clear signs I should be aware of?
I'm searching for a vet not but I don't know if I'll be able to find one with reptile experience.

In response to the link

My chameleon gummy is a male veiled, I've had him for about 7-8 months and had him since he was a baby.
I don't really handle him much at all, feed him about 10 medium crickets a day (feeding time varies coz I work crazy random hours at night) which I dust with calcium(Komodo brand).

I mist with a spray bottle in the morning and again at night, I have recently changed his dripper but I never see him drink very often.

His last droppings were a bright orangey colour(which has me worried).

Gummy's enclosure is a 120cm x 60cm mesh cage with a Arcadia lighting fixture across the top and a 100w basking globe on the side.
His basking area is around a temperature of 70(Its normally a bit more but they sold out of 150w basking lamp).
The humidity at the moment is around 55 at the moment.

I hope this is enough information to help figure out what is wrong with my chameleon

Thanks

Does he have UVB? Also, you need to dust your crickets with more than just calcium. Do calcium at every feeding, calcium with d3 twice a month, and multivitamin. His basking spot is extremely low in temperature. The rest of his cage should be in the mid 70's with a basking spot of about 90 degrees. Also, his urates should be white. Hope this helped.

Thanks GillietheAmbilobe, the basking lamp is a bit low but a replacement is on the way.
As for dusting, I do use D3 twice a month, but I wasnt aware u have to be using vultimitimins, can you suggest any?

Hi, I was hoping someone could give me some information as to what might be wrong with my chameleon.

The last two days I have noticed my chameleon has been hanging his head low and not acting as usual(not as active as he normally is and ignoring his food)

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong?

I noticed he's also going through a shed & mine stop eating a couple days before they shed! But after they shed mine start eating again! Just my .02! Brian!

Back
Top Bottom