Something stuck to jimbo

Hello, I have a male veiled chameleon and I simply want to know if I should be worried of what’s attached to him is simply fecies. I touched it and it’s pretty hard so I wasn’t sure what it was. Here’s a picture if anyone can identify what it is. Thanks

Attachments

• 5E5DBF4E-7BB8-4A0F-9EA9-36ED95F7EE8F.jpeg
    5E5DBF4E-7BB8-4A0F-9EA9-36ED95F7EE8F.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 69
Really need better pics. How long has it been 'stuck'. On close up checking does it really look like poop or does it look different? Any other poop in the cage? White urates in the cage?

Now that's something I haven't seen before.

Sidenote: upon zooming in on your temperature gauge, it's way too hot in there for such a young chameleon. The basking spot should not exceed 85 degrees and the thermometer reads nearly 10 degrees hotter. Especially since it is in glass, that's gonna make for an oven in there

It could be from those bendy vines. They are notorious for shedding debris and getting into the eyes. It could be a large piece of vine, but tough to tell from that shot.

Sidenote: upon zooming in on your temperature gauge, it's way too hot in there for such a young chameleon. The basking spot should not exceed 85 degrees and the thermometer reads nearly 10 degrees hotter. Especially since it is in glass, that's gonna make for an oven in there
Good spot!

Turns out it was poop! And yeah I noticed and turned it off right away! I invested in one of the timers that turn off after exceeding a certain temp. My only concern now is feeding him. I can’t seem to get him to budge! He’s always on the top of the cage and the feeding bowl is around the middle. Hoping he comes down sometime soon to get his little food.

Can you spray him down or give him a good soak? To see if whatever is stuck to him will detach itself without you pulling on it?

Back
Top Bottom