Something stuck in my Veiled chameleons vent. NOT A SPERM PLUG, PLEASE HELP

Hroetman

I took my veiled chameleon out of his cage today and noticed something hard and black stuck in his vent. My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon. We were gone for a week while my husbands parents watched our chameleons. I asked them about the mass and they said that Kaiju (my veiled) hid in his plant most of the week so they didn't see much of him to notice if anything was wrong but they put crickets and super worms in his cage so he had food. When I first looked at his vent there's a big brownish black mass hanging from possibly an internal organ and there was a black spot right below his vent where his bulge is located. I soaked Kaiju in warm water to see if it would loosen the object stuck in his vent and when I gently pulled on the black mass the black spot where his bulge is popped like a big black head. I really don't know what to do and my vet is gone until Wednesday. There's an open wound where the black spot on his bulge was and I don't know how to tend to it. Advice please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 398
Keep the protruding tissue moist with K-Y jelly and get it to the vet asap.

I made the earliest appointment for Wednesday. Do you happen to know what this is? Anything else I can do while I wait until Wednesday to take him in? Thanks so much.

Looks like a prolapse. Usually you need to keep it most with KY jelly otherwise it can dry and fall off. If you cannot get it back in you will need a vet much earlier than wednesday.

I agree that it looks like a prolapse and it looks like the tissue has dried. Can you find another vet? You'll need one before Wed., it can get infected.

Back
Top Bottom