Something in Chameleons eye

Hey guys, my little guy was happy and fine for the past couple hours today and even trusted me enough to roam around on my arms but I noticed just 30 minutes ago he was trying to push something out of his eye. I’ve tried misting water near his eye to wash it out but now his eye is staying shut. Should I wait it out until tomorrow since no vet is open near me? Or should I try to help him get it out whatever it is? He’s not shedding so it isn’t shed, must be some debris or dust or something from him crawling around. But I’m pretty worried about him.

• My Chameleon - 7month old, Male, Nosy Be Panther chameleon
  • Handling - 1-2 times a week to bring him from his outside area back to cage
  • Feeding - Normally feed 8-10 crickets a day. 1 Hornworm, Waxworm, or superworm, once a week. Crickets are gutloaded with flukers orange cubes, food block, and apple chunks and greens.
  • Supplements- dust feeders in repti calcium without D3 every feeding, Reptivite with D3 twice a month
  • Watering - I use a dripper as well as hand misting 3/4 times a day for 1+ minutes. I see him drink from leaves at least every other day
  • Fecal Description - Normally brown dropping with mostly white urates, hasn’t been eating much but his last poop seemed completely normal. Hasn’t been tested as I don’t have a exotic pet hotspot anywhere near me.
  • History - Bought him from Captive Bred Reptiles at 2 months old. Have had him since.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 2x2x4 ft screen cage, with pvc panels bolted on back and sides to keep humidity in, top and front are open are screen.
  • Lighting - Zoo med 100 w basking bulb and Repti Sun 5.0 T5 linear UVB bulb/lamp
  • Temperature - Two hygrometers one at top of cage one towards bottom. Basking spot ranges from 80-88 F and lower cage ranges from 70-75 F. At night his cage ranges around 70-75 F
  • Humidity - Humidity levels stay around 50-60 but drop low over night without a misting system, am in the process of setting up a humidity machine to run at night.
  • Plants - I have one live tree, forget the name but made sure it’s Cham friendly, and and working on putting my pothos in there. Rest are washed and reptile safe fake pothos leaves and vines
  • Placement - Located in my office where I do college work and play games. High traffic towards night time but we put a sheet over his cage when lights are off and he’s never seemed bothered before. We make sure to take sheet off when we leave to allow for ventilation and airflow. Across the room from a window in the corner.
  • Location - live in Arizona where it’s extremely dry and hot, hence the trouble with humidity and the bolted pvc panels to cage.
  • Current problem: something stuck in eyeball. Misted water bear his eye but didn’t get it out. His eye is staying shut mostly but he opens it every now and then

Back
Top Bottom