Someone please help me with my baby chameleon

Rixx1

I have a male baby veiled chameleon 2 months old I have a 4x2x2 screen cage, a reptisun t5 22”, and a home decor basking light 100 watt, temperatures are set for 30 degrees in the day but put 5 degrees to vary, humidity is at 50% and varies with 20%, at night I have put 35 degrees varies with 5 degrees and 90% humidity, I have a mister that goes off 1 minute every 6 hours and I have a little dripper, I feed him small crickets and mealworms, I put about 4-5 mealworms and about 8-10 crickets in a bucket the night before and put some gutload food I got from the pet store so they eat it overnight, but I don’t see him eat much and he doesn’t eat from me, so I put the mealworms in a little container and the crickets I put in the cage and they jump around I’ve had him for a week now and I think something is wrong he turns brown a lot and he sleeps a lot, his Lights turn on at 8am and off at 9pm, I have 2 fake plants that hang from the top back corner and I have 4 live plants, I put the cage in my garage but more like a seating area it has no windows so it’s always humid in there, someone please help me keep him happy and not stressed, I leave my house for work at 5 and cannot feed him in the morning, also the place I keep him in is my back garage, has no windows and is always humid in there

Last edited:
Hi there welcome to the forum. Can you fill this out and be specific in your details. Just copy and paste it into your reply. Please include pics of the entire cage lights down to the bottom. And of the baby.

A 100 watt bulb is intense for chameleon if you do not have the right distance to keep the temp correct. You want a max basking temp of 80 F.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, male, 2 months old don’t know the exact birthday, been in my care for 1 week
  • Handling - I don’t handle my chameleon.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? I feed my cham crickets and meal worms and woodies. What amount? I give him 10 crickets and 5 mealworms and 2 woodies What is the schedule? I can’t feed him in the morning so I feed him when I get home at about 4:30pm How are you gut-loading your feeders? I put the food i am going to give him in a bucket the night before and put a pinch of gutload food that I got from the pet store
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use reptile one calcium powder no d3 and dust the food I am going to give him every time I feed him, I will be using multical dust and dust his food with it once every 2 weeks. I feed him once everyday but he doesn’t each much and I put a small apple and small carrot piece for the insects in the boxes I keep them in.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? I have an automatic mister but max mist it burst out is 1 minute so I put the timer for 1 minute every 6 hours. I have a spray bottle as well I mist him for 4 minutes after lights are turned off. Do you see your chameleon drinking? I do see my chameleon drinking
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? I haven’t seen his droppings yet and I don’t know if he has been tested for parasites
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Don’t know much
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I have a screen cage 4x2x2
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have a reptisun t5 22” and a home decor 100 watt light, I have set it to 9pm lights off and 8am lights on
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? I haven’t checked temperature on the floor yet but my thermostat for basking area only allows temperature to reach 30 degrees which varies between 25 and 30 degrees if temperature of 30 degrees is breached the light will turn off I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing basking spot temperature Lowest overnight temp? The lowest the temperature reaches at night I’ve seen is 24 degrees How do you measure these temps? I have a thermostat
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? In the day the humidity level is set from 50% and varies between 30-50% at night it is set to 90% and varies 15% How are you creating and maintaining these levels? My garage is humid in general and I have live plants that produce humidity What do you use to measure humidity? I have a humidifier which controls the humidity
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I use live plants I have 4. A golden pothos, birds nest and 2 ferns
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? It is located in my garage/seating area Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No fans or air vents it can sometimes be a bit crowded with the kids going up and down there. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Top of cage to floor right now is about 2 metres
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Australia
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. He is stressed I think and his brown in colour and looks skinny, sleeps in the day too doesn’t move much not eating much either. I need to know how to do everything perfect for him

Attachments

• 91072BE5-A9AC-4523-9489-650C91549829.jpeg
    91072BE5-A9AC-4523-9489-650C91549829.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 7DDF3F94-DA4D-4176-BBFC-8474DBC4534A.jpeg
    7DDF3F94-DA4D-4176-BBFC-8474DBC4534A.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 65
  • EE229687-1790-4D71-B8FC-D8831E03D349.jpeg
    EE229687-1790-4D71-B8FC-D8831E03D349.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 40D7507F-2979-4688-BBAA-E4CC45DC294C.jpeg
    40D7507F-2979-4688-BBAA-E4CC45DC294C.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 7B3B3EA3-6015-4067-81AD-A4AB41E2674E.jpeg
    7B3B3EA3-6015-4067-81AD-A4AB41E2674E.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 9A619D00-A5C0-45F2-9211-EC1BE1E77930.jpeg
    9A619D00-A5C0-45F2-9211-EC1BE1E77930.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 57
  • 9B738E4A-9287-4DFB-99ED-C0DD976C1418.jpeg
    9B738E4A-9287-4DFB-99ED-C0DD976C1418.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 5F2B63C6-1BC3-4389-AD8E-9FBD89F54810.jpeg
    5F2B63C6-1BC3-4389-AD8E-9FBD89F54810.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 57
  • F81FCE88-1E56-4DC7-B32B-5E0497E9261C.jpeg
    F81FCE88-1E56-4DC7-B32B-5E0497E9261C.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 60
  • CA601A9A-A148-47E9-99D7-4EB58B28BC05.jpeg
    CA601A9A-A148-47E9-99D7-4EB58B28BC05.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 54
i don’t know a lot about veilds but one thing is for sure with any Cham, they need to be offered insects in the morning when their heat lamp is on so they can digest their food. If you feed them late afternoon or evening they have cooled off and can’t digest as well. I will tag @Beman back for you. She’s full of info for veilds. Hang in there!

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, male, 2 months old don’t know the exact birthday, been in my care for 1 week
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? I feed my cham crickets and meal worms and woodies. What amount? I give him 10 crickets and 5 mealworms and 2 woodies What is the schedule? I can’t feed him in the morning so I feed him when I get home at about 4:30pm How are you gut-loading your feeders? I put the food i am going to give him in a bucket the night before and put a pinch of gutload food that I got from the pet store
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use reptile one calcium powder no d3 and dust the food I am going to give him every time I feed him, I will be using multical dust and dust his food with it once every 2 weeks. I feed him once everyday but he doesn’t each much and I put a small apple and small carrot piece for the insects in the boxes I keep them in.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? I have an automatic mister but max mist it burst out is 1 minute so I put the timer for 1 minute every 6 hours. I have a spray bottle as well I mist him for 4 minutes after lights are turned off. Do you see your chameleon drinking? I do see my chameleon drinking
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? I haven’t seen his droppings yet and I don’t know if he has been tested for parasites
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Don’t know much
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I have a screen cage 4x2x2
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have a reptisun t5 22” and a home decor 100 watt light, I have set it to 9pm lights off and 8am lights on
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? I haven’t checked temperature on the floor yet but my thermostat for basking area only allows temperature to reach 30 degrees which varies between 25 and 30 degrees if temperature of 30 degrees is breached the light will turn off I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing basking spot temperature Lowest overnight temp? The lowest the temperature reaches at night I’ve seen is 24 degrees How do you measure these temps? I have a thermostat
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? In the day the humidity level is set from 50% and varies between 30-50% at night it is set to 90% and varies 15% How are you creating and maintaining these levels? My garage is humid in general and I have live plants that produce humidity What do you use to measure humidity? I have a humidifier which controls the humidity
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I use live plants I have 4. A golden pothos, birds nest and 2 ferns
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? It is located in my garage/seating area Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No fans or air vents it can sometimes be a bit crowded with the kids going up and down there. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Top of cage to floor right now is about 2 metres
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. He is stressed I think and his brown in colour and looks skinny, sleeps in the day too doesn’t move much not eating much either. I need to know how to do everything perfect for him
Hiya! You can measure temps in the cage with a probe or temp gun. I use a govee temp and humidity monitor that I leave in there year round to measure ambient temps in the cage. Ambient temp should be around 70s and basking should be around 80.

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

I would gutload with real fruits and veggies. They are way more nutritious for a growing baby than the stuff you find at pet stores. I’ll attach a gutloading graphic.

Attachments

• 71A373A7-C5E1-4201-B35D-5CDC62140755.jpeg
    71A373A7-C5E1-4201-B35D-5CDC62140755.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 60
@Rixx1 so this will be a lot of info. Let me know what questions you have. See my feedback in red bold.

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, male, 2 months old don’t know the exact birthday, been in my care for 1 week this is a young one. you will really need to watch temps and hydration along with food intake.
  • Handling - I don’t handle my chameleon. Good I would not at this age. They are fragile and if they get spooked they can try to jump to get away.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? I feed my cham crickets and meal worms and woodies. What amount? I give him 10 crickets and 5 mealworms and 2 woodies What is the schedule? I can’t feed him in the morning so I feed him when I get home at about 4:30pm How are you gut-loading your feeders? I put the food i am going to give him in a bucket the night before and put a pinch of gutload food that I got from the pet store... So this will be a major issue for a baby. Not being able to eat in the morning. Can you put the feeders in before you leave for work in the morning? I do not know what woodies are. At this age this baby needs tons of feeders. You would be feeding pinhead sized crickets. And I am talking like 3-4 dozen a day. I am not familiar with the gutload but I have attached an image for fresh food you can use to gutload your crickets.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use reptile one calcium powder no d3 and dust the food I am going to give him every time I feed him, I will be using multical dust and dust his food with it once every 2 weeks. I feed him once everyday but he doesn’t each much and I put a small apple and small carrot piece for the insects in the boxes I keep them in. Ok your supplements appear to be fine based on the labels. Your rotation is correct as well. Remember you are lightly dusting the feeders. They should not be coated with powder.
Cage Info:

• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have a reptisun t5 22” and a home decor 100 watt light, I have set it to 9pm lights off and 8am lights on Which UVB bulb strength are you using a 5.0 or 10.0? Personally with one this young I would not use a 100 watt bulb. Even though you have it on a thermostat it is a very intense output for a baby this small.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? I haven’t checked temperature on the floor yet but my thermostat for basking area only allows temperature to reach 30 degrees which varies between 25 and 30 degrees if temperature of 30 degrees is breached the light will turn off I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing basking spot temperature Lowest overnight temp? The lowest the temperature reaches at night I’ve seen is 24 degrees How do you measure these temps? I have a thermostat... You need temps to be max 24-27 for this little one. I am guessing you have a probe that is hooked into your thermostat hooked to the branch below the heat fixture? This is the most accurate way to use this. Additionally. I would lift that heat fixture up off the cage at least 4 inches. If baby screen climbs the top panel it is high risk for a thermal burn. Does your thermostat have a dimming function or just on and off? dimming function works better for controlling temps.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? In the day the humidity level is set from 50% and varies between 30-50% at night it is set to 90% and varies 15% How are you creating and maintaining these levels? My garage is humid in general and I have live plants that produce humidity What do you use to measure humidity? I have a humidifier which controls the humidity... So are you running a humidifier into the cage during the day? If so you need to disable this function. It should only run at night when temps are below 19C. Otherwise the cham is high risk for developing a respiratory infection. They can not sustain breathing in hot moist air which is why we do not run them during the day.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I use live plants I have 4. A golden pothos, birds nest and 2 ferns... Ok for the cage. Remove all substrait at the bottom. This is dangerous to have in with a cham in case they try to take a feeder off of it. Pull the ferns these are not veiled safe. You need to add many more live veiled tested plants (see image below) You also need to add many more fake vines. try to avoid the exo terra black ones. They have a coating that can come off into their eyes.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? It is located in my garage/seating area Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No fans or air vents it can sometimes be a bit crowded with the kids going up and down there. Make sure the kids are not standing at the cage or messing with the cham. This will stress it out quite a bit. Babies this young can fail to thrive due to stress. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Top of cage to floor right now is about 2 metres

Give me the details on the UVB bulb so I can give feedback there. ... Then make the changes to the cage plants and vines. He needs to be able to hide when he needs to. Also you want to fix the food amounts and try to feed before you leave for work so the food is there first thing in the morning when lights come on. Adjust temps so he is not being
overheated.

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM.png

@Rixx1 so this will be a lot of info. Let me know what questions you have. See my feedback in red bold.

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, male, 2 months old don’t know the exact birthday, been in my care for 1 week this is a young one. you will really need to watch temps and hydration along with food intake.
  • Handling - I don’t handle my chameleon. Good I would not at this age. They are fragile and if they get spooked they can try to jump to get away.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? I feed my cham crickets and meal worms and woodies. What amount? I give him 10 crickets and 5 mealworms and 2 woodies What is the schedule? I can’t feed him in the morning so I feed him when I get home at about 4:30pm How are you gut-loading your feeders? I put the food i am going to give him in a bucket the night before and put a pinch of gutload food that I got from the pet store... So this will be a major issue for a baby. Not being able to eat in the morning. Can you put the feeders in before you leave for work in the morning? I do not know what woodies are. At this age this baby needs tons of feeders. You would be feeding pinhead sized crickets. And I am talking like 3-4 dozen a day. I am not familiar with the gutload but I have attached an image for fresh food you can use to gutload your crickets.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use reptile one calcium powder no d3 and dust the food I am going to give him every time I feed him, I will be using multical dust and dust his food with it once every 2 weeks. I feed him once everyday but he doesn’t each much and I put a small apple and small carrot piece for the insects in the boxes I keep them in. Ok your supplements appear to be fine based on the labels. Your rotation is correct as well. Remember you are lightly dusting the feeders. They should not be coated with powder.
Cage Info:

• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have a reptisun t5 22” and a home decor 100 watt light, I have set it to 9pm lights off and 8am lights on Which UVB bulb strength are you using a 5.0 or 10.0? Personally with one this young I would not use a 100 watt bulb. Even though you have it on a thermostat it is a very intense output for a baby this small.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? I haven’t checked temperature on the floor yet but my thermostat for basking area only allows temperature to reach 30 degrees which varies between 25 and 30 degrees if temperature of 30 degrees is breached the light will turn off I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing basking spot temperature Lowest overnight temp? The lowest the temperature reaches at night I’ve seen is 24 degrees How do you measure these temps? I have a thermostat... You need temps to be max 24-27 for this little one. I am guessing you have a probe that is hooked into your thermostat hooked to the branch below the heat fixture? This is the most accurate way to use this. Additionally. I would lift that heat fixture up off the cage at least 4 inches. If baby screen climbs the top panel it is high risk for a thermal burn. Does your thermostat have a dimming function or just on and off? dimming function works better for controlling temps.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? In the day the humidity level is set from 50% and varies between 30-50% at night it is set to 90% and varies 15% How are you creating and maintaining these levels? My garage is humid in general and I have live plants that produce humidity What do you use to measure humidity? I have a humidifier which controls the humidity... So are you running a humidifier into the cage during the day? If so you need to disable this function. It should only run at night when temps are below 19C. Otherwise the cham is high risk for developing a respiratory infection. They can not sustain breathing in hot moist air which is why we do not run them during the day.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I use live plants I have 4. A golden pothos, birds nest and 2 ferns... Ok for the cage. Remove all substrait at the bottom. This is dangerous to have in with a cham in case they try to take a feeder off of it. Pull the ferns these are not veiled safe. You need to add many more live veiled tested plants (see image below) You also need to add many more fake vines. try to avoid the exo terra black ones. They have a coating that can come off into their eyes.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? It is located in my garage/seating area Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No fans or air vents it can sometimes be a bit crowded with the kids going up and down there. Make sure the kids are not standing at the cage or messing with the cham. This will stress it out quite a bit. Babies this young can fail to thrive due to stress. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Top of cage to floor right now is about 2 metres

Give me the details on the UVB bulb so I can give feedback there. ... Then make the changes to the cage plants and vines. He needs to be able to hide when he needs to. Also you want to fix the food amounts and try to feed before you leave for work so the food is there first thing in the morning when lights come on. Adjust temps so he is not being
overheated.

View attachment 334171View attachment 334172View attachment 334173
His uvb is 10.0, and I’ve given him smaller crickets I put them in his cage at 5am and his lights turn on at 9 I mist him regularly and 4 min after his lights turn off, I made some adjustments to him cage with more vines but he keep going to the side screen on the cage and his a darker green now I don’t know what that colour means, also when his cage reaches its temperature the basking light turns off I’m not sure if that’s a good thing for it to turn off, and his temperature I have set to are now 24-27 degrees and his humidity is set to 30-50%

Attachments

• 2FCA27B4-E95A-4C3A-AC18-9788DA134320.jpeg
    2FCA27B4-E95A-4C3A-AC18-9788DA134320.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 59
  • B74DC7B0-532D-4C8E-A56A-E302BF8625B5.jpeg
    B74DC7B0-532D-4C8E-A56A-E302BF8625B5.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 60
His uvb is 10.0, and I’ve given him smaller crickets I put them in his cage at 5am and his lights turn on at 9 I mist him regularly and 4 min after his lights turn off, I made some adjustments to him cage with more vines but he keep going to the side screen on the cage and his a darker green now I don’t know what that colour means, also when his cage reaches its temperature the basking light turns off I’m not sure if that’s a good thing for it to turn off, and his temperature I have set to are now 24-27 degrees and his humidity is set to 30-50%
Ok so with him climbing the cage top and sides you have to lift that 10.0 bulb off the top of the cage about 7 inches. then the vines below it are going to be 5 inches from the screen top below the uvb fixture. You want the fixture to run corner to corner at a diagonal or across the middle of the cage for equal exposure. Having these distances is really important so if baby screen climbs the top and sides near the top it can not be exposed to UVI level that is much too high for it..

I would be over cautious with temps just because baby is so small. Make sure the fixture is not sitting on the top it will need to be raised as well. If baby is screen climbing the top best to have the temps at the screen be the max temps. So it does not get too hot. Worry about thermal burns is still high so really watch the temp.

The place I keep my cage it’s always humid in there so when my temperature reaches max which is 27 degrees the basking light turns off until the temperature drops and will turn back on is this a good thing or the light must been on until lights off completely.

Also my baby chameleon isn’t eating, instead of throwing the crickets in his cage I’ve placed them in a. Cup up high for him but he hasn’t touched them at all I don’t know why he is not eating. He’s

The place I keep my cage it’s always humid in there so when my temperature reaches max which is 27 degrees the basking light turns off until the temperature drops and will turn back on is this a good thing or the light must been on until lights off completely.

Also my baby chameleon isn’t eating, instead of throwing the crickets in his cage I’ve placed them in a. Cup up high for him but he hasn’t touched them at all I don’t know why he is not eating. He’s
How big are these crickets? They should be 1/4 inch size and no larger. If your feeding larger crickets this may very well be why baby is not touching them. You can buy a feeder run or make one. https://dragonstrand.com/constructing-a-chameleon-feeder-run/

Is this a good enclosure set up? My uvb is 10.0 t5 and I have a 100 watt infrared projector heat light, my baby chameleon his 4 months old and my temps are 25-30degrees Celsius and 50% humidity in the day and 35degrees Celsius and 90% humidity in the night but he is shedding now and I don’t see him eat much and his always dark colour except at night

Attachments

• E5B5D0B6-9F1F-4FCC-8912-CAB22F77ADAF.jpeg
    E5B5D0B6-9F1F-4FCC-8912-CAB22F77ADAF.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 51
Is this a good enclosure set up? My uvb is 10.0 t5 and I have a 100 watt infrared projector heat light, my baby chameleon his 4 months old and my temps are 25-30degrees Celsius and 50% humidity in the day and 35degrees Celsius and 90% humidity in the night but he is shedding now and I don’t see him eat much and his always dark colour except at night
So the 10.0 uvb is going to be too strong as you have it now. You want to lift the UVB fixture up off the cage 6-7 inches. then you want 5 inches from the screen to the branches below. This provides a total of 11-12 inches from the bottom of the fixture to the branches below. What this will do is ensure the baby is not exposed to anything higher than a 6 UVI level at the screen and then a 3 UVI at the branches.

What is the infared projector? Is it a ceramic heat emitter or a red bulb? I am betting temps are much higher than the 25-30 C with a 100 watt bulb. For example we recommend a regular household white incandescent 60 watt bulb. For a 4 month old temps are pushing it at 30 C. and if your getting 35 C at night that is far too high. You actually want a temp drop at night with humidity. Otherwise adding heat and humidity increases their risk of developing a respiratory infection.

I would make these two corrections so that UVB is correct and temps are right with a regular incandescent 60 watt bulb. IF the temps are higher than you realize this may be part of the problem as babies dehydrate really quickly under intense heat.

Otherwise the cage and all the plants look good.

I’ve raised my uvb light what temps should I put for day and night for my baby cham. Also where I have him I have him in my garage in the corner not much fresh air and no windows or air vents or aircon and it gets really hot in here most of the time I have a big roller door for the garage if I should place him there or leave him in the corner, but what temps should be good for day and night?

This is what he looks like alot of the times except night

Attachments

• 44C364C7-D412-49C4-BD57-AD62BF21C1B3.jpeg
    44C364C7-D412-49C4-BD57-AD62BF21C1B3.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 00721C52-4158-4B16-86B7-EE85D463A1DB.jpeg
    00721C52-4158-4B16-86B7-EE85D463A1DB.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 60
  • D31FA176-C5CC-46E4-8876-B40CF367D6F8.jpeg
    D31FA176-C5CC-46E4-8876-B40CF367D6F8.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 54
I’ve raised my uvb light what temps should I put for day and night for my baby cham. Also where I have him I have him in my garage in the corner not much fresh air and no windows or air vents or aircon and it gets really hot in here most of the time I have a big roller door for the garage if I should place him there or leave him in the corner, but what temps should be good for day and night?
Can you move the chameleon cage into the house? Having it in a garage that does not have air circulation and where you can not control temps is going to be a non stop fight.
Daytime temps your looking at low 70's for ambient, basking for one as young as yours I would have about 78. Then at night you want a temp drop which most of us try to achieve at least mid to low 60's.

Back
Top Bottom