some Q and A for the experienced

xiiistchris

:confused::confused::confused::confused: ( vitamin advice )

ok first off im no noob when it comes to owning a reptile but when it comes to a cham i know these little guys need a lot of maintenance compared to some other reptiles and one of the biggest things is MBD i know too little or too much can cause this and of course a good vitamin intake is always good

1. so when it comes to calcium w/ vit D3 how much and when should this be given to a cham

the brand im using is flukers phosphorus free calcium w/ vit D3 it says for daily use but still not sure

2. so when it comes to multivitamins how much and when should this be given to a cham

the brand im using is rep-cal herptivite w/ beta carotene

i ask this because 1 person says once every 4 weeks for calcium w/ D3 and another says every other day and the same with the multivitamins still no idea

3. and when it come to crickets i gut load them with repcal iguana food because of the fruits and veggies and other plants this food contains

so any advice with help thank you

~XIII~

First off, welcome to the forums!

Supplementation schedules can vary between species. It is best to look through the "How to ask for help" thread and answer the questionnaire so we can get a better understand of what you're working with. :)

Luis

I recommend the "Basic Husbandry" thread at the top of this forum. It has a link just on supplementation. https://www.chameleonforums.com/basic-husbandry-38769/

I will say that from what is said here, D3 should not be given every day. Vitamin supplements should not be given every day. Plain calcium every day is good. Different species will need the D3 and vitamin supplements on different schedules.

it would be cheaper to go to a super market and buy

dandelion greens

mustard greens

turnip greens

kale

squash

alfalfa grass

carrot (for the beta carotene)

endive

escarole

spirulina

bee pollen