Some pics with my new Sony a100 D-SLR.....

sLoSrTnIcK

Here are some pictures of my female veiled chameleon, Hope on a sunny day outside.

Camo4.jpg

Camo3.jpg

Camo2.jpg

This one is one i entered into the may 07 photo contest here.
Camo1.jpg

And here are some pics of my 1 yr old egyptian uromastyx, Ury. She is very cute!

Uro1.jpg

Uro2.jpg

Nice pics, I'm interested in your egyptian uromastyx. Any forums for those, or any info on them. Thanks.

I liked the last pic of the cham that you posted. The way the lighting fell across the cham was just great! Great camera too, lucky you!

Nice pics, I'm interested in your egyptian uromastyx. Any forums for those, or any info on them. Thanks.

There aren't many forums dedicated to the uromastyx, i never really had a problem with her at all, so there isn't really a need to go look for forums.

They are very robust and very easy to take care of.

They require at least a 20 gallon long tank or cage filled with edible sand.
They grow to be 20-36 inches when adult, but have a very slow growth rate.
They only eat veggies and a little red fruits, with maybe an occasional mealworm.
They don't need to have water in their cage because they take the water from their food. I give her a bath every now and again in some really shallow warm water and she actually sucks it up.

I got mine from my local petsmart and they thought she was a guy, lol.

They run about $120 and up and adults cost a bit more than juveniles. And they get a lot more colorful, but not the egyptian uro.

If you have any more questions about it, let me know.
Nick

I liked the last pic of the cham that you posted. The way the lighting fell across the cham was just great! Great camera too, lucky you!

Thanks for the compliments. Yea, i'm still trying to learn how to actually work the camera rather than point and click.

I really liked that pic too, but it didn't make the cut in the may 07 photo contest, oh well.

Nick

Yea, i'm still trying to learn how to actually work the camera rather than point and click.

I really liked that pic too, but it didn't make the cut in the may 07 photo contest, oh well.

Nice pics. I think your contest entry deserved to make it to the public vote. Background, focus, spacing, etc were all good. I am currently looking at better ways of narrowing the entry count.

Nice pics. I think your contest entry deserved to make it to the public vote. Background, focus, spacing, etc were all good. I am currently looking at better ways of narrowing the entry count.

I thought it was you who narrows the entries to 10 pics based on your favorite pics.

That's what i read in the contest rules.

Thanks BTW for the compliments on the pics.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom