Some of the baby Parsons I have now.

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Here’s some recent pictures of some CBB Orange eye Parson I have. Last year was a busy year for me with hatching Parson’s I hatched babies from 6 different females. This last clutch have been great growers and I think it’s possibly the best clutch I’ve hatched to date.
IMG_9693.jpeg
IMG_9691.jpeg
IMG_9675.jpeg
IMG_9684.jpeg
IMG_9585.jpeg

Beautiful “babies”! I hope they all do well, reproduce and live long lives!
Thank you! I hope they do also. I have many great customers that have done very well with their Parson’s. I think we will see some F2 captive bred Parsons this year.🤞

I have been wanting to wind down my Parsons breeding. After these baby’s are gone, I have a couple handfuls of eggs left for later this summer and then I think that will be it for my Parsons breeding projects. I do have one female that should lay soon but she has dropped a couple infertile eggs so I don’t hold much hope for that clutch.

Thank you! I hope they do also. I have many great customers that have done very well with their Parson’s. I think we will see some F2 captive bred Parsons this year.🤞

I have been wanting to wind down my Parsons breeding. After these baby’s are gone, I have a couple handfuls of eggs left for later this summer and then I think that will be it for my Parsons breeding projects. I do have one female that should lay soon but she has dropped a couple infertile eggs so I don’t hold much hope for that clutch.
😮 how solid is the Parsons breeding community in the US? If a few bigger breeders get out, can the CB blood lines survive?

😮 how solid is the Parsons breeding community in the US? If a few bigger breeders get out, can the CB blood lines survive?
It unfortunately is not solid.

Over the 14 years I’ve been working with Parson’s there has only has been a handful of people that have been successful breeding, hatching and raising Parson’s. There have been many who tried but it is not easy. It’s expensive and time consuming. It requires careful observation, research, insight and a bit of skill which many keepers have trouble with imo.

There are currently a few Parson’s keepers that have large collections of 15-30 Parson’s. Some of them have eggs so there is hope. Every year gravid females come in on import and people get eggs but almost all fail to produce babies from those eggs.

The market for selling babies is very limited which also makes it difficult to continue breeding. If more than one clutch is available in the marketplace then it makes it harder to find homes for the babies.

As far as captive bloodlines. There are very few and many owners of Parsons’s are not concerned about the origins of the parsons they acquire. Also some importers have sold mixed pairs. They can’t tell the females apart between the OE and YG locales so we have seen some cross locale babies produced unfortunately.

I think we will continue to see some captive bred and captive hatched babies but I don’t see it increasing much.

It unfortunately is not solid.

Over the 14 years I’ve been working with Parson’s there has only has been a handful of people that have been successful breeding, hatching and raising Parson’s. There have been many who tried but it is not easy. It’s expensive and time consuming. It requires careful observation, research, insight and a bit of skill which many keepers have trouble with imo.

There are currently a few Parson’s keepers that have large collections of 15-30 Parson’s. Some of them have eggs so there is hope. Every year gravid females come in on import and people get eggs but almost all fail to produce babies from those eggs.

The market for selling babies is very limited which also makes it difficult to continue breeding. If more than one clutch is available in the marketplace then it makes it harder to find homes for the babies.

As far as captive bloodlines. There are very few and many owners of Parsons’s are not concerned about the origins of the parsons they acquire. Also some importers have sold mixed pairs. They can’t tell the females apart between the OE and YG locales so we have seen some cross locale babies produced unfortunately.

I think we will continue to see some captive bred and captive hatched babies but I don’t see it increasing much.
That makes me sad to know....such a bummer.

I would love one of these two. i sent a PM. Maybe a double XL Reptibreeze for 48” x 48” x 24” and bigger as they get older. A triple XL is not out of the question.

Attachments

• IMG_7332.jpeg
    IMG_7332.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7331.jpeg
    IMG_7331.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom