some nice pictures....

Whaaa, I just discovered this post....incredible !
I see that you come from Belgium, do you speak french ? (I'm french...:D )

If you want, I'd love to know how do you keep your namaquensis, malthe and brevicornis, especially the temperatures.
Thank you very much !

Yes i speak French:)i live not far from the capital Brussels.
My French writing is not so good:(,if you have questions just send me a pm

Very nice Jurgen! May I ask about what plants you are using in those outdoor planted enclosures???

I use a mix from indoor and outdoorplants from our local gardencenter,mainly:asparagus falcatus,smallpalms:chamaedora elegans,epipremnum pinnaum,fatsia japonica,several ficus spec like benjamina,impatiens repens,neprolepis exaltata,pellaea species,phoenix roebelenii,schefflera arboricola and many others also plants who can have nice flowers;)

That looks stunning.
Would like to know if you keep some of the contain species outside all year round.
Do you have any additional heat set up for when it get so cold. How do you mist them as I see the tops are covered?
Those vivs are really nice aswell, what make are they?

This is their summer set up,in the winter they go in my greenhouse(more or less same set up but in the greenhouse temperatures at day are roomteperature(18 to 21 c),at night adrop down between 7 and 15 c.
Above the terrariums several tubes with misting nossels are on top(not to see on this pictures(in the morning and afternoon it runs for 15 minutes.
Vivs i have for more than 15 years(alu)i think you com from the UK,best cages dare are made by Julian(muji panthers;))

I would love to be able to keep mine outside but temps hit 100f or 37.7 c and humidity is next to nothing. We also have lots wind most of the time.

Hi Laurie,
Those temp are indied way to hot(dangerous for chams)in summer we have mostly moderate temperatures a few days it can go over 30c but i mist than several times a day(they hate those hot days:mad:)

This is their summer set up,in the winter they go in my greenhouse(more or less same set up but in the greenhouse temperatures at day are roomteperature(18 to 21 c),at night adrop down between 7 and 15 c.
Above the terrariums several tubes with misting nossels are on top(not to see on this pictures(in the morning and afternoon it runs for 15 minutes.
Vivs i have for more than 15 years(alu)i think you com from the UK,best cages dare are made by Julian(muji panthers;))

Yea I bought my ambilobes from Julian at muji and there cages are the best in the UK and they have designed a very food drainage system with them aswell.

Do you use a greenhouse misting system?

I would like to, those guys seem like the toughest chameleons there is but I am afraid they are way too advanced for me at the moment :/

Jared, the females are purdy, BUT its the males that are the truly impressive of this species!:) I dont there there is a more bizarre looking species of chameleon then a male xenorhina!

Jared, the females are purdy, BUT its the males that are the truly impressive of this species!:) I dont there there is a more bizarre looking species of chameleon then a male xenorhina!

K. carpenteri is rather bizarre!! The xenos are definitely really odd too. There are way more pics of males than females out there though!

Back
Top Bottom