some nice pictures....

An underrated species for some reason. They have got to be one of thee coolest looking species out of all chameleons. Same with quads. Great pics Jurgen!

This has been pretty much my 'go to' browsing thread during quiet periods at work, its absolutely incredible!

Never get tired of seeing photos, especially some of the incredible species yourself and your friends keep! :)

An underrated species for some reason. They have got to be one of thee coolest looking species out of all chameleons. Same with quads. Great pics Jurgen!

I agree with you Paul.
Also in Europe just a handful breeders work with this great species.Its also not longer possible to import these in the EU so I'm afraid they will get very rare:(

This has been pretty much my 'go to' browsing thread during quiet periods at work, its absolutely incredible!

Never get tired of seeing photos, especially some of the incredible species yourself and your friends keep! :)

Thanks for the kind words :)
Stay tuned for the upcoming weeks and months,lots of special and very rare species to come;)....

I am looking for a T. montium pair for 4 years but nobody import them to Turkey. I could die for a pair, even for a little baby. :( They are the most exciting (may be its not the correct word) species i have ever seen, females are especially beautiful. :(

I agree with you Paul.
Also in Europe just a handful breeders work with this great species.Its also not longer possible to import these in the EU so I'm afraid they will get very rare:(

They are a great species. It has always seemed that everyone always overlooked them for the larger Trioceros quadricornis instead (another great species). My brother and I kept them in the past however if I have got the extra space I would keep them again.

Montium may be one of my favorites, if not my favorite cham, it truly is a shame we can't see more captive bred. It seems most who keep/breed them aren't very successful in breeding them, and I'd assume being wild caught has a big influence in it.

For example, I had a beautiful W/C female that was flawless (aside from a little kink in her tail); she had the longest tongue:body ratio I've ever seen, way over the standard "tongue is twice as long as the body" ratio. Unfortunately, I never could get her to breed, the reason being I could never get a healthy male for her. Almost every time the male was too sick to send, or was sent and didn't last more than a week.

I would kill for a healthy pair, I miss my little girl. She really was the most impressive animal I've ever kept.

I'm in contact now with 3 EU breeders who are incubating a few montium clutches.
With some luck i can send some cb pairs to the US next years(will be just a handful)
It seems that except quads the other Cameroon species are hardly kept(cristatus,pfefferi)in my opinion some of the most beautiful trioceros species.
Here an example of a nice pfefferi male(aren't you keeping them Jeremy?)

I'm in contact now with 3 EU breeders who are incubating a few montium clutches.
With some luck i can send some cb pairs to the US next years(will be just a handful)
It seems that except quads the other Cameroon species are hardly kept(cristatus,pfefferi)in my opinion some of the most beautiful trioceros species.

I have got an adult male and am expecting a female to pair with my male to arrive this Autumn. This West African species has acclimated perfectly to my greenhouse along with my Calumma parsonii.

I think all the West African species are under rated. Even Trioceros oweni, which is reported as being exceptionally aggressive chameleon species and is seldom seen even in Europe. We had an importer in the USA last year (2013) that imported 3 or 1.2.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I have got an adult male and am expecting a female to pair with my male to arrive this Autumn. This West African species has acclimated perfectly to my greenhouse along with my Calumma parsonii.

I think all the West African species are under rated. Even Trioceros oweni, which is reported as being exceptionally aggressive chameleon species and is seldom seen even in Europe. We had an importer in the USA last year (2013) that imported 3 or 1.2.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Would be great if you can breed with the pfefferi :)
I can have also Oweni but in very low numbers,they are indeed not easy to keep.
Do you know where the trio oweni went to and if he had success with them?

Would be great if you can breed with the pfefferi :)
I can have also Oweni but in very low numbers,they are indeed not easy to keep.
Do you know where the trio oweni went to and if he had success with them?

Jurgen

I could not tell you where they went. I normally have only seen this species imported every 4 to 5 years and they seem not to respond well to captivity. However I think them may thrive in the greenhouse in a extra large, constant high humidity, well planted enclosure where they only see people a couple times a day with only plants around environment.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Here's one of the most updated pictures of my male Trioceros pfefferi. My male has actually got more purple than the male in the picture that you have posted Jurgen.

q4om.jpg

Last edited:

UUUUUGH Pfefferi too??? You know you're killing me....haha.

I'll be on the look-out for those pairs, though I can't guarantee I'll have the funds at the time, and people love to snag things from under my nose haha.

I swear, I think Cameroon species are the most amazing chameleons, and I covet them more than most covet C. parsonii. It's so hard to get a healthy pair though....the guy I bought my Montium from got a pair of T. cristatus shortly after, and they eventually perished. They survived for a couple of months, but that was it, and I noticed a few issues with each one (hence the reason I never bought them). I've never seen a live T. pfefferi. I'd love to hear of successful breeding with them.

UUUUUGH Pfefferi too??? You know you're killing me....haha.

I'll be on the look-out for those pairs, though I can't guarantee I'll have the funds at the time, and people love to snag things from under my nose haha.

I swear, I think Cameroon species are the most amazing chameleons, and I covet them more than most covet C. parsonii. It's so hard to get a healthy pair though....the guy I bought my Montium from got a pair of T. cristatus shortly after, and they eventually perished. They survived for a couple of months, but that was it, and I noticed a few issues with each one (hence the reason I never bought them). I've never seen a live T. pfefferi. I'd love to hear of successful breeding with them.

There is a male Trioceros cristatus for sale on Kingsnake. Try Snakes at Sunsets page.

Look at this FANTASTIC fuelleborni male from Muji panthers:eek:
He got some pairs out of my last Tanzania shipment and he just mailed me that they are breeding:D
I'm glad they end up in great hands!
Any breeding results in the US of these?

Back
Top Bottom