..some Mellers feedback please

Miss Machine

;)

I rearranged my terrariumroom today, and I made up my mind what to do with the very, very, very last free space I have in my home.

This weekend i saw the first adult Mellers chameleon in real life, in a reptileshop near my home. This chameleon is in the owners care for a small year now.

The space I have for a new glass enclosure is 48'x28'x60'. Unfortunately, free range is not possible.

Is this enclosure size large enough for one adult Mellers chameleon?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Ehm it will 48 length and 60 tall.. Is that allright too?

I'm having the enclosure custom made..with double ventilation. Use of automated misting etc.

I made a free range for Melle. I made it possible for him to climb out of his enclosure on a large branch that leads to a window..And i placed a branch in front of the window. He can walk out and in whenever he likes ;-) He likes to sit there, the room is upstairs so he sits about 39 feet above the ground. He stares at the trees, the birds and people that walk by the lake.

I noticed he is a male, when he defecated. His two thingies hung out ;-)

That is a decent size..Always better to be taller..

Not necessarily. For example, panthers are not one species that you'd find high up in trees. From what I have seen in pictures and read from people's experiences, they are mainly found about eye level. They like to roam a lot, so I'd say having plenty of space to pace around would be more important than "unlimited" height.
Mellers are a species that is found to climb quite a bit. For them I would say they need both height and width to play with. I have to personally owned one, but do know they are huge and require plenty of space.

I think it should be fine for just one melleri. The best indication will be when you place him inside and compare his size to the enclosure itself.

I think you have created a very nice home for your mellers. I think my 2 mellers would be happy in what you have done.

Back
Top Bottom