Solarmeter

Essentially both of those are going to be the same. One just has a lizard and is cheaper :hilarious:
Yup, the only difference between 6.5 and 6.5R is the picture of a reptile (hence the R).
I see they've also apparently given the 6.5 a face-lift of sorts (blue vs. red/yellow).

Shop around though; they've also gone up about $50 in the last year. Shop for price; IDK if they'll go on sale Black Friday or if it's worth the wait or difference. ?‍♂️

Once you are running 3-4 bulbs, it pays for its self vs changing bulbs every 9-12 months "just to be sure".

This is helpful perspective - the long term gain versus short term high cost. I hadn't thought about it like that before.

I had resisted due to the high cost but ultimately got one last month because my cham didn't seem to be thriving and UVB was the last variable I needed to confirm beyond a doubt. Turns out the light I got from Amazon just a couple months ago was putting out barely anything. Got a new light from a local pet store and my cham is doing much better.

@MissSkittles let us know how your solarmeter experimenting goes!

This is helpful perspective - the long term gain versus short term high cost. I hadn't thought about it like that before.

I had resisted due to the high cost but ultimately got one last month because my cham didn't seem to be thriving and UVB was the last variable I needed to confirm beyond a doubt. Turns out the light I got from Amazon just a couple months ago was putting out barely anything. Got a new light from a local pet store and my cham is doing much better.

@MissSkittles let us know how your solarmeter experimenting goes!
I’ve been resisting too and a solarmeter has been lower on the priority shopping list. It’s finally made it’s way to the top of the list. I‘m sure I’ll be happily annoying my poor chams making sure their uvb levels are en pointe.

Those are exactly the same tool. They are almost always $250, so the discounted “reptile” one is a great price.

Back
Top Bottom