Solar Meter 6.5r Calibration?

DonKeesh

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello, anyone know if you can calibrate a solar meter? My meter consistently reads much lower UVI than the weather forecast in my area. I know atmospheric conditions come into play but I'm measuring in direct sun at mid day... If the weather forecast says UVI 9 my meter reads no more than 5. What do you guys think?

Have you changed the battery? I was told that there was no need to re calibrate them. I know when I was in Cali and used it for an outdoor enclosure often the UVI it read was lower than what my weather app said it was for my area.

Thanks! I will try a battery change. Any other solar meter users try comparing the weather forecast to the actual reading? I'm wondering if the weather service measures differently?

Doesn’t a weather forecast cover a large area? Maybe your specific yard is affected by other things. I mean I don’t know how a forecast can be so specific that your home area would be the same measurement.

Doesn’t a weather forecast cover a large area? Maybe your specific yard is affected by other things. I mean I don’t know how a forecast can be so specific that your home area would be the same measurement.
That definitely makes sense but it's always low as opposed to sometimes low sometimes high.

Back
Top Bottom