Soft Casque

ReptileLove18

Established Member
so one of our members, Kilothechameleon, hasnt been online for awhile due to computer issues but him and i have stayed in contact still. his male veiled, 1 and 1/2 years old, has been shedding the last several days mainly on his casque and back. today when Kilothechameleon brought him out of his cage he touched his casque and it folded slightly. i was unable to recieve a photo on my phone but this is the description he gave me. he said it was soft to the touch, it folded when he touched it, about 2 cm of the outside of the casque folded in all the way around. he said it is quite a bit lighter in color as well.

he asked me to post a thread asking what this could be caused by as well as send his regards to all of you great members!

thanks in advice everyone!

Usually soft and curved casques are early signs of mbd. What is his supplementation schedule? But when it moves around so much it could be a fracture? Best would be to seek a vet's opinion.

What part of the casque? I'd be worried if it folded down from the top. Could it just possibly bee the flaps at the back that they felt? They flare them out for display. I love the look.
This isn't my photo, but in it you can see the flaps flared out.
flapsgb5.jpg

he dusted feeders in calcium no d3 every day and using calcium with d3 once a month. he also has a multivitamin i believe he uses once a month.

it possibly could be i was wondering that too! i read ferretinmyshoes sticky on mbd, there were plenty of deformed casques in there. i messaged her to ask for her opinion on it!

What part of the casque? I'd be worried if it folded down from the top. Could it just possibly bee the flaps at the back that they felt? They flare them out for display. I love the look.
This isn't my photo, but in it you can see the flaps flared out.
flapsgb5.jpg

it appears thats what it was! it was hard to tell from the initial description he gave me but when i asked specifically this is what it turned out to be :)

yay! i was hoping it was mbd as he supplements pretty well so glad we got that figured out :D

thanks so much guys!

Back
Top Bottom