So my "Vet" Sucks so bad

WyteAnjal

As you remember I was saying Tia was getting fat and was worried about you. I took her to the vet he said that she just was constipated and changing the climate a bit would help. Well I did that and she did poop. She kept digging in the sand I put in her cage and I left it one morning I woke up and it was all put back in the pot. I checked the pot there were a bunch of eggs in the bottom. I have changed the sand and removed the eggs. The question is this

Should I put the sand back in right away she still seems angry with me since I have removed the eggs and Im not sure if its because she thinks she is protecting her eggs

As you remember I was saying Tia was getting fat and was worried about you. I took her to the vet he said that she just was constipated and changing the climate a bit would help. Well I did that and she did poop. She kept digging in the sand I put in her cage and I left it one morning I woke up and it was all put back in the pot. I checked the pot there were a bunch of eggs in the bottom. I have changed the sand and removed the eggs. The question is this

Should I put the sand back in right away she still seems angry with me since I have removed the eggs and Im not sure if its because she thinks she is protecting her eggs

Chams do NOT protect their eggs. They lay them and leave. You can remove the eggs and incubate them if fertile (did she mate with a male?). If not, they won't develop so you can discard them.

Well I have already removed the eggs, cleaned the sand and replaced the sand back in the cage. They are not fertile. I am too new an owner of a chameleon to breed them. I will leave that for the more knowlegable people like the ones in the forum

Had it covered the eggs after laying? If so, you can be reasonably sure it laid all of them.
Keep up the dusting and gutload well to rebuild her reserves.
Leaving the laying tub in, is a sound idea. :)

Back
Top Bottom